Chapter 50

Please leave a vote and comment <3

The car journey was quick and swift

The car journey was quick and swift. No one spoke the whole time. Mendez drove with Caleb in the front seat as the waiter and I sat in the back, his gun still pressing against my forehead telling me that a single word out of me would have ended with me a lifeless pile of cells.

Ten minutes of driving brought us to what looked like an abandoned warehouse but I knew that was a front.

"What's all this protection you were talking about, huh? I could call for backup right now if I wanted, couldn't I and you would be able to do absolutely nothing about it." The waiter looked almost proud of his revelation, smiling like he had just outsmarted the smartest guy out there.

He was wrong about having outsmarted Mendez but he wasn't wrong about Mendez being smart.

A laugh was building in my throat, one that could possibly kill me but how stupid could a man get?

I didn't know what the plan was but I knew Mendez had one. If he didn't I was going to really start questioning his leadership skills. He'd definitely be a bit of a bad gang leader if he couldn't even get us out of this situation.

"Caleb, can you turn on the air-con, it's getting a bit hot in here." I requested, not feeling the threat from the gun at all.

My calmness must have made the waiter wary because he jabbed the gun into my forehead a little harder, giving me a look that said shut the hell up. Caleb also gave me a warning look before turning on the AC, the cool blast of refreshing air relaxing me as I felt less and less clammy.

This dress really was a bit over the top.

"Why does she need the air-con, we're all getting out." the waiter said, reaching over for the door handle. 

The warehouse was a good 100m away and I was starting to get impatient, really wanting to know how this was going to play out. The walk up to the door was painstakingly slow but it was worth it when Mendez authenticated himself on the fingerprint scanner on the 'warehouse' door. An iris scanner followed and when Mendez was done with it,  the door cranked open, men clad in black with guns strapped around their chests standing behind the doors.

Their eyes all turned to the man that was holding me by gunpoint. I could feel the waiter forcibly shaking behind me.

Not so big-mouthed now, are you?

I got ready to throw this man over my shoulder but before I could make any moves, Caleb touched my hand, telling me to carry on playing along. This piqued my interest; what were they planning?

The four of us, followed by three men in black went through many door and hallways till we got to one room which one of the men in black opened for us.

"He showed some resistance when we tried to give him food so Nathan had to knock him out." The man who opened the door informed.

"Alright, we're going to need to wake him up for him to see this. Go get some water, Jason."