Chapter 34

Please leave a vote <3

If it wasn't for all the screaming coming from Maya who was currently writhing on the floor, I would have found this so, so hilarious. Only a few seconds ago, Jacob said that he would never hurt Maya.

Guess what he did.

But no, I couldn't think about any of that right now because I was frozen, I couldn't even get my brain to let me breathe. I just kept looking at the way there was now blood pooling from the open would on Maya's shoulder.

As the blood left her body, my eyes shrouded in red. The only thing I could think of was how I was going to kill Jacob.

How dare he.

HOW DARE HE.

He could have hit anyone, anyone, even me and I may have been angry but I'd have gotten over it. Because of his stupidly blinding anger, he hurt Maya.

But I couldn't just stand here while Maya was screaming, her pain riddled shrieks making my chest tighten.

So I tried to sit down, straddling her as I tried to tell her to keep it together. I undid my belt and tightened just above her would, trying to ease the bleeding, but it didn't work. I shook her, trying to keep her from falling into oblivion.

Her screams only got louder and louder.

"It's going to be ok, Maya, nothing bad's going to happen to you." I said but I knew that the way I was saying it, I was trying to tell myself that aswell.

Even though in most people's books, getting stabbed by a pair of scissors wouldn't be so much to worry about but the way Jacob slammed it down on her, all the actual scissor was embedded in her arm. 

And the fact that it was Maya.

I felt despair as her eyes started blurring out, her consciousness coming and going.

I felt weak.

Jacob pushed me off of her and I didn't try and stop her because I was paralyzed. Paralyzed with fear and anger.

I sat there and stared at my hands, red with all the blood that was still flowing out of Maya's shoulder.

I sat there, unmoving as Jacob whispered to her, telling her he was there, telling her that she was going to be completely fine. 

I was going to kill him

I stood up, just as Maya completely succumbed into darkness.

As she went into the darkness, so did I because now, the only thing I could feel was immense darkness, telling me to completely finish what we had started.

"Why's Maya screami-- oh." Said Connor as he walked into the bathroom, eyes wide.

"Leave, Connor."