C H A P T E R 1

August 18th, 2008
First day of kindergarten, I remember being so excited.

I walk into my class room and see a girl with red hair, crying, with a stuffed bunny in her hand.

I didn't say anything at first, she sat at the ladybug table and I sat at the caterpillar table. Everyone at her table was laughing at her because she was crying, and I felt bad for her

Later that day, our class went outside to the playground. She was sitting on a bench still crying, I slowly walked up to her and sat next to her.

She looks at me and i pulled a bag out that had a cookie in it and gave it to her.

"Thank you" she says, "you're welcome" I say while smiling.

"I'm Sadie" the little girl says, "I'm y/n"

"Want to be best friends?" I say.

"Yes" she says.

I give her a big hug, and ever since, we were inseparable.

Every year we would get each other friendship bracelets, it was a tradition. we still have the first bracelet that we gave each other, it was made out of purple yarn and had a blue butterfly jewel in the middle that was fading.

Obviously we would get into fights, we normally get into a big fight almost once a year, but I'm pretty sure that's normal.

The older we got, the more boys wanted her, but she didn't want any of them. She's only had one crush when she was 14. his name is Caleb and they started dating 4 months after she told me that she liked him. They have been together for almost 3 years now.

Me on the other hand, I've dated 2 boys, Jaeden and Noah. They didn't do anything wrong but I just didn't really like them like that, every guy that I have met was either a fuckboy or just fucking annoying.

Sadie and I are complete opposites, but you know what they say, opposites attract.
Sadie is more of a girly girl and I think of myself as a tomboy. She's a beautiful singer and I'm a good skater. She's vegan and I love chicken nuggets. The one thing that we do have in common, is music.

Now, this is the way our school district works, elementary is kindergarten to 6th grade, middle school is 7th to 9th grade and high school is 10th to 12th. We were starting our sophomore year at our new school, and Sadie came over the night before to help me choose my first day of school outfit.

"UGH THERE IS NOTHING TO WEAR" I say while throwing clothes all over the floor.

"Y/n, calm down you will find the perfect outfit."

After search my closet I gave up and decided to wear an oversized plain black T-shirt, dark blue jeans, my favorite black converse, and a gold chain that my dad gave me before he died.

"Okay, now that I found my outfit" I say to Sadie "what are you going to wear?"

"Either a yellow tank top with a black skirt, or my light pink shirt with some mom jeans" she says.

"I think you should wear the yellow shirt with the skirt" I say while putting my clothes on my chair.

Sadie looks at the clock
8:22 pm
"Oh shoot I have to go home, I'll see you tomorrow" she grabs her shoes, gives me a hug and walks out.

I don't want to go to high school, it's just a bunch of stupid kids that only care about Instagram followers and being popular.

Sadie and I are different from everyone in our grade, which I like because being like everyone else is boring.