C H A P T E R 20

Okay before the chapter starts I just wanted to say how thankful I am, I never thought this book would hit 6k reads and we're very close to 7k. Anyways, thank you all so much for supporting this terrible story and I love you all <3

A few weeks later
Thursday
8:52 am

Life has still been pretty shitty, my mom has been getting really drunk and yelling at Isla, which makes me yell at her, which makes her hit me.

I've been hanging out with my new group of friends a lot more. We go to the skate park a lot, ditch school, and they kind of got me in the habit of smoking weed.

Margo's older brother buys us alcohol and weed. Her parents don't care what we do so we do what ever we want at her house.

Sadie found out last week about what I was doing with my new friends, and she is not proud. The only reason I've been smoking is because it gets my mind off of Finn.

I was in my first period with my hood on and my earbuds in. Finn walks into the class, I could see him from the corner eye. I haven't made eye contact with him in a long time.

I notice he is walking towards my desk so I closed my eyes and turned my music up.

I could slightly hear someone tapping on my desk, but I refuse to open my eyes. Soon, someone took my earbud out which made me open my eyes.

"Dude what the fuck?" I say.

Finn looks at me and sighs.

"Y/n, it's been almost a month since we talked. I miss you." He says.

"Well I don't miss you." I lied.

"Can we please just talk?" He asked.

"No, class is about to start." I say.

"What about at lunch?" He asks.

"Can't... I'll be with Sadie." I say.

"After school?" He asks.

"I have plans." I say.

"Like?"

"That's none of your business." I say.

"Y/n please?" He says as he leans in a little closer.

I would kill to kiss his lips again.

"I'll think about it." I say.

The bell rings and class starts.

"Okay everyone, since the first semester is almost over and Christmas break is finally almost here... we are assigning new seats!" The teacher says.

She puts the seat chart on the board and we all get up and moved to our new seats.

I got lucky and stayed in my original seat. Jack comes and sits next to me.

"Hey skater girl." He says.

"Jack!!" I say as I give him a hug.

"It's been awhile, I saw you the other day at the skate park." He says.

"Why didn't you say hi?" I ask.

"You were hanging out with seniors." He says.

"Nah they're chill." I say.

"How did you make friends with seniors?" He asks.

"I don't know, they came up to me and we've been friends since." I say.

Jack and I talked the entire class. Half way through the class, I noticed Finn was 2 seats behind me. I could feel his eyes watching us.

Lunch
12:39 pm

Sadie and I were sitting outside eating our food.

"Finn came up to me today." I say as I take a bite out of my food.

"Really!? What did he say?" She asks.

"He misses me." I say.

"Well what did you say?" She asks.

"I said I didn't miss him..."

"Well we both know that's a lie." Sadie says.

"I'm just not ready to talk to him yet. He hurt me a lot. I don't know maybe I deserved it." I say.

"No no no y/n you did NOT deserve that." She says.

"Why did no one tell me how hard relationships were!" I say.

"Trust me, I know." She says as she puts her hand on my leg.

7:41 pm

I fed my sisters, cleaned the kitchen, and did my homework. I've been so rebellious against my mom recently that I don't even sneak out anymore, I now just walk out the front door.

My mom try's to stop me sometimes but even if she does, I just leave out of my window. I grabbed my bag and skateboard and started skating to Margo's house.

Once I got there, she greeted me and we walked to the backyard.

Once a week, we get in a circle, and talk about something that's bothering us. When we're done speaking, we smash empty beer bottles to help get the stress out.

It's my favorite and least favorite day of the week.

We usually get 7 minutes to talk but we give Enzo 10 minutes because he is the most stressed.

Enzo went first, then Cassie, then Julian, then Margo, then Zach, and then me.

"Okay y/n, your turn." Margo says.

"Uh, I actually don't have anything to talk about." I say.

"Lies!" Cassie says. "I walked pass your first period today and I saw that boy at your desk!"

"What was he doing at your desk?" Julian asks.

"He just told me he misses me and he wants to talk." I say.

"Did you tell him you missed him?" Zach asks.

"No." I say as I slouch in my seat.

"Y/n, you either need to talk to this boy or kick him out of your life for good!" Margo says.

"I want to talk to him but I don't think I'm ready..." I say.

"Well you need to hurry because if you keep waiting, he's going to get bored and move on." Cassie says.

"You're right, I'll talk to him tomorrow." I say.

"Good for you, now here is your bottle." Margo says as she hands me an empty beer bottle.

I walk to the wall and smash the bottle.

I started taking TikTok seriously and I wanted to let y'all know that if I become famous y'all better keep your mouth shut about this book