C H A P T E R 31

Monday

During lunch I sit by myself outside at one of the outside tables and watch a bunch of reality shows. I stopped eating lunch because I'm not as hungry as I used to be.

Today was my first day of work and I was actually very excited. I will only have to work a month and a week until I pay my mom back and then I'll get to quit and enjoy my life until my mom kicks me out.

I hear someone slam their lunch tray on the table which makes me jump and look up.

"Hello, my new bestie. I see you sit here by yourself everyday and it's very sad, so I decided to come join you! Also my name is Elizabeth but you can call me Lizzy, Liz, Lizard, it's doesn't matter as long as you don't call me Elizabeth." She says.

Elizabeth Bryant

Elizabeth Bryant. You have seen her around school but never talked before.

"Hi I'm y/n."

"So why are you sitting alone?" She asks.

"Because I decided to be stupid and ruin my friendship with my best friend."

"Sadie?"

"Yeah how'd you know?"

"She's in my bio class." She says.

I nod and put an earbud back in.

A few seconds later, another girl that I've never talked to sits down.

"Hi I'm Ryder, extremely gay." She says as she puts her hand out for me to shake.

" She says as she puts her hand out for me to shake

Ryder Perez, Lizzys best friend. Lesbian, used to be friends with Millie but Millie outed her in front of the entire school, it was an accident but it still embarrassed Ryder.

I've always thought Ryder was pretty from a distance, but now that we are face to face, she is gorgeous.

"I'm y/n."

"Yeah I know, you beat up that senior a few months ago, right?"

"Uh yeah I guess."

"Bad ass!"

I smile and look down at the table. I don't remember ever being this nervous in front of another person.

I exchanged numbers with them after the first bell rang and then walked back to 4th period.

Walking back inside with them, I could see Sadie watching us walk by from the corner of my eye.

Everyone got back into their classes. I sat down in my chair to start writing stuff in my journal. Leah walks over to me and leans down.

"Who were those girls?" She asks.

"Oh, that was Lizzy and Ryder. They felt bad for me for some reason so they decided to sit with me." I say slightly smiling.

"Y/n you know you can come sit with us if you want to."

"I'm giving her space."

Leah stands back up, rolls her eyes, and walks back to her desk.

School was finally over, and it was time to make my way to the mall.

I put my work shirt on in the mall restroom and paced to footlocker.

"Hi can I help you?" One if the guys that was working at the cash register asked.

"Hi I um, I'm y/n. Today's my first day."

"Woah you're the girl that beat the shit out of that senior!" He says.

"I really hate how that's how I'm known." I say laughing.

"Alright well just clock in and when Ryder gets here, she'll tell you what to do."

"Wait, Ryder Perez?" I ask.

"Yeah you know her?"

"Yeah she sat with me at lunch today."

"Okay cool!"

I walked to the back and clocked myself in. Suddenly I hear someone walk in.

"Y/N! HOW THE FUCK ARE YA!" Ryder yells.

I smile at her as she gives me a big hug.

"I guess we were destined to be together." She says, walking away, smirking.

Working with Ryder was so fun. She showed me what I'm supposed to do and when she finished we stayed in the back and talked.

Since I took the bus to work, Ryder offered to drive me home.

We get into her car and start driving.

"Okay so I know we just met today, but can I spend the night at your house?" She asks.

"I mean, we have school tomorrow.."

"Yeah I know, we can go to your house, do our homework together, order a pizza and then go to sleep." She says.

"Okay, cool." I say smiling.

We walk into my house and go straight to my room.

"Welcome, feel free to roam around." I say.

She puts her backpack on the floor next to mine and goes to my wall filled with memories and pictures of Sadie and I.

"She's cute. Is she your girlfriend?" She says, pointing at a picture of Sadie and I at a concert two years ago.

"No... well she was almost, but I lost her." I say, sitting down on my bed.

"How'd you loose her?"

"I, I um... The night of the fight, her family said that I am no longer allowed to see her, and then my ex, he was oddly at my house because my mom loves him... and we did things that I regret. I don't even know why I did it, I knew it was wrong but that didn't stop me... the next morning, she came over and found out what we did. Now she hates me."

"But I thought y'all weren't together?"

"We're not."

"Then why does it matter?"

"Because we both had feelings for each other and instead of trying to get her back, I slept with my ex."

"So? You said her family won't let you see her. What were you supposed to do? Save yourself for someone that you won't ever be with?"

"Ryder you just don't get i-"

"No I do get it! She expected you to walk to her front door and ask her parents for approval to date their fucking daughter like this is Romeo and Juliet or some shit. But instead, you slept with your ex to get your mind off miss selfish, and she's mad about that! You didn't do anything wrong!"

"It still hurts though, I still lost my best friend."

"Don't worry, she'll be running back soon!" She says smiling.

Y'all are going to hate me :)