C H A P T E R 21

Friday
After school

After talking to the seniors yesterday, I told Sadie that I was going to talk to Finn.

Sadie doesn't like Finn because he hurt me, but she knows how happy he makes me so she accepts him.

I was in the halls after the last period. I was too nervous to talk to him during first period and lunch.

I see him walking into the hall I was in, he was with a group of boys. I close my locker and turn around so he can see me.

He looks at me and whispers something to one of the boys next to him and starts walking towards me.

"Hey." He says.

"...hi..." I say.

"Hi...." He says.

I look at the ground and it looks like he's about to walk away.

"I'm ready to talk." I blurted.

"Okay, do you want to talk here or..." He asks.

"Walk me home." I say.

"Okay." He says.

We both start walking out of the school. I see Sadie talking to the choir director in front of the school. She see me and waves at me.

I wave back and continue walking.

We have been walking together for a few minutes in silence.

"So..." Finn says.

"Why did you do it? I mean you called yourself my boyfriend that day and went to make out with another girl." I say.

"Do you want the real reason why?" He asks.

I nod.

"Millie told me that you and Wyatt had a thing in middle school and that you cheated on one of your boyfriends with Wyatt... so I thought you were going to cheat on me." He says.

"When did she tell you this?" I ask.

"When we first started hanging out, I guess she was trying to warn me or something..." He says.

"Well she's a liar. Millie and I were friends in 6th grade, I told her I had a crush on him and she went and started dating him. We were never together." I say.

He looks down at the ground and nods.

"I still don't understand why you would do that? If we're gonna be in a relationship, how will I know that you're not gonna cheat on me again?" I say.

He stops walking and grabs both my hands.

"I really hate myself for what I did, it was stupid and immature. I would do anything to go back and change it." He says as he leans in.

And then... his lips were on mine.

I didn't fight it, in fact, I put my arms over his shoulders and sunk deeper into the kiss.