C H A P T E R 41

Today Sadie and I were going to have a picnic. I wanted it to be super cheesy by packing a pretty blanket, some finger foods, my moms Polaroid, some water, a bouquet of flowers, and a few canvases and paint.

I was in the kitchen setting everything up when my mom walked in.

"Woah you're up early. What do you have planned?" She asks.

"I'm having a picnic with Sadie and I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend!"

"That's great love, but I thought you two were already dating?"

"No, I mean kind of but it's not official yet, but today it will be."

"Okay well remember to be home by 4 because we have to go meet detective Allen for dinner."

"But mom I'm going to be with Sadie all day. After the picnic we're going to see a movie and then I'm going to spend the night at her house."

"You can spend the night but I need you back here by 4."

"Well can we just reschedule for next week or tomorrow? Please mom, I really want to make this day perfect."

"No she said she wants to do it today, so we are going today. Don't you want to see if she has any news on Scarlett and Isla?"

"Mom we both know how this goes, she says that they're getting closer to finding them, then you two just talk about how close me and Wyatt are and she just flirts with you the whole time."

"You know what, I'm done with this conversation. I'll see you at 4."

"No I'm not going!"

"I will see you. At. Four!"

I slammed my hand on the kitchen counter and walked to my room and slammed the door.

"Y/n Oleff! We do not slam doors in this house and you know that!"

She tries to open my door but it was locked.

"Y/n please open the door and let's talk about this."

I stayed quiet.

"Y/n I really don't want to fight right now please let me in and let's talk."

I unlocked the door and opened it.

"Can I come in?" She asks.

We both go to the bed and sit down.

"These last few months have been hard, and I totally understand, Allen told me not to tell you because she wanted to surprise you but they have important news!"

They've said this before that they have exciting news and it ended up being them finding another girl that looked like Scarlett.

I took a deep breath.

"Okay, I'll see you at 4." I say, getting up to finish packing.

Sadie and I got to the park and set up the picnic, we painted portraits of each other, they both came out awful but I loved it.

"Sadie, can we talk about something?"

She stops taking pictures of our paintings and looks at me.

"You are my best friend, I love you so much and I know we've been a thing for awhile but I want us to be official, so Sadie Sink, will you be my girlfriend?"

She had the most beautiful smile on her face as she pulls me into a kiss.

"I was planning on saying the same thing to you today!" She says.

I leaned back in and pulled her close to me.

It was almost 5 so we hurried to leave and get back to my house. Jennifer was sitting at the dining table waiting for me.

"Where have you been? I've been calling you for the past hour! Allen is on her way here and she's not going to be happy with you." She says.

"Sorry my phone died and we lost track of time." I start walking to my room.

She stepped in front of me and pointed to the table for me to sit down.

I walked over to the table and threw my stuff down. Sadie walked into Wyatt's room and kept the door slightly cracked.

"I don't know what's been going on with you recently, but this needs to stop. Your social worker told me that it would be a good idea to put you in therapy to help with your anger issues."

"What? I don't have anger issues!"

"Baby you grew up with an alcoholic mother that abused you."

"I don't need to listen to this."

"Y/n we're not doing this again. Sit down now and listen to me."

Before I could fully walk out of the room, the doorbell rang. I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch and turned on the tv.

"Hey detective Allen, come in. Just a warning, someone is going through a phase right now."

Allen walks over and sits down next to me.

"Y/n, we found your sisters."

Woah okay um so I just saw that we hit 20K AHHH WHAT I LOVE YALL