C H A P T E R 25

Sorry about all the HUGE time skips, I'm trying to speed everything up without rushing it if that makes sense... Also btw congrats you live in California!

August 12
Monday
8:09 am

Summer was amazing with Sadie, we went to museums, carnivals, and a bunch of other cool stuff.

I keep trying to explain my feelings to her but right before I do, I chicken out.

All my friends threw me a "party" the night before and we got really drunk so I was kinda hungover.

Sadie came over this morning before school to pick me up, but I was still asleep.

She went to my closet, grabbed a random white t shirt, some black leggings, and my white converse.

She went into the kitchen to grab some Advil and water and brought it back to my room.

I woke up to the sound of her opening my door. She comes over to me and gives me the Advil and water.

I got dressed, grabbed my bag and we started walking to school.

"You're not going to take your board?" Sadie asks.

"No I forgot it in Zach's car." I say as I rub my eyes.

"Y/n you need to stop doing this, you're still a teenager and all this drinking and smoking is going to mess up your brain." Sadie says.

"I- I can't..." I say quietly.

"Why?" She asks.

"I don't know, I just feel like I need it or something. And you can't say anything, last year we went to two parties and you got drunk at both of them." I say.

"Yeah and what happened at the last party we went to?" Sadie asks.

I totally forgot about what Millie did to us.

"I'm sorry, I'm going to try to stop." I say.

"Okay." She says as she grabs my hand.

We walk into the school and grab our schedules.

"Oh my god, y/n! We have 3 classes together, plus lunch!" She says.

We both smile and hug each other.

We both had 1st, 4th, and 6th period together, plus lunch.

We both walk into our first period and find two seats that are together.

1st period was so boring, I fell asleep and the teacher didn't notice.

All through the class, she was telling us about how shitty her summer was. She caught her husband cheating on her, they got a divorce, he took her money, the house, and the dog. She lived in a hotel half of the summer and had to work at subway.

Halfway through the class she started crying and that's when I fell asleep.

When class was over, Sadie poked me with a pencil and woke me up.