C H A P T E R 35

6 weeks later

I feel as if it's too early to tell Ryder I love her. other than Sadie and my sisters, I've never told any one I loved them.

It's been weeks since we've seen our mom, I started working harder and got a promotion at my job so I can pay the bills and feed my sisters.

I'll be 18 next week which means I can try to legally adopt my sisters. We went looking at apartments a few days ago since I can't really afford to pay all the bills. But I can barely afford the apartments near our schools.

Ryder called me this morning and asked to have dinner tonight at my house.

I cleaned the house and started to prepare spaghetti, Isla and Scarletts favorite.

The girls help set up the table before Ryder got here.

"Y/n, when will mommy be back?" Isla asked.

"I don't know, but soon."

I don't want the girls knowing that our mom left us yet. Ryder knocked on the door and let herself in.

We sat down at the table and talked for almost an hour until the girls decided to go watch tv.

I started to clean up the table as Ryder helped.

"So, I've been meaning to talk to you about something." She says as she sits on the kitchen counter.

"Okay what's up?"

"So, me and my mom were talking, and apparently my dad has been cheating on her with my old soccer teacher, like they've literally been dating for 10 years behind my moms back. They're getting a divorce because he wants to be with the soccer coach."

"Oh shit I'm so sorry babe."

"Well that's not the worst part." She says.

I put the plate back into the sink and wipe my hands with a paper towel.

"I'm moving to New York in a month."

"What!? Wait why?"

"Well my mom wants to be as far away from my dad as possible and she found a really good school there that has an amazing art program, and you know my dream is to go to NYU and the campus is right near the house that we're moving to so it all works out!"

"But what about us!?"

"Well actually I wasn't going to bring this up tonight, but I'm breaking up with you. I'm sorry but I don't want to do long distance."

"Ryder Baby please! We can do it I know we can!"

"I mean I know we can but I don't want to. I'm starting a new life y/n, and I don't mean to sound like a bitch or anything but I want to start this new life single."

"What am I not good enough? This makes no sense!"

"Oh my god y/n! We're 17! What did you think we were going to get fucking married!? I never wanted a long term relationship!"

"Well I wished you would have said it that before we started dating." I say as I took the girls into their room.

"Y/n please come over here and talk to me!" She yelled across the house.

"I'm kind of busy right now so if you could show yourself out and leave the key in the mail box that would be great."

And that was the end of the night. I guess I was stupid to think Ryder and I would last forever.

Monday

Luckily Ryder and I had no classes together besides lunch. I walked into first period which normally I take a nap but Sadie and I past notes to each other the whole class.

Sadie tears out a sheet of paper from her journal, placing it on her desk to start writing.

So how'd it go with Ryder?

She folds the paper neatly and slowly hands it to me.

Bad! I'll tell you what happened at lunch.

Okay <3

Time skip to lunch

The gang was back! Leah was giving us an ootd with clothes that brands send to her. Sadie sat next to me and wrapped her arm around mine.

"And then dollskill send me these heels with some of their new hello kitty collection and then I got this hat from dollskill but I got it a few weeks ago." Leah says.

"You look great Leah, anyways y/n how was the date?" Sadie asks.

"Yeah did you tell her you love her?"

Sadie stopped poking at her food and looked at me.

"Um no I didn't tell her-"

"You love her? You barely know her." Sadie says as she unhooks her arm from mine.

"Sadie love, calm down." Leah reaches across the table to hold her hand.

Sadie stands up and grabs her bag.

"You've only known this girl for a few months, how could you possibly love her?" She tries to walk away but before she could I firmly grab her arm.

"Sadie sit down let me finish talking."

"No I really don't care anymore." She pulled away from me and walks outside.

"Should I go after her?" I asked Leah.

"That girl really loves you, all she does is talk about you and how much she loves you and how much she missed you, so I guess her hearing that you were going to tell another girl you love her... it definitely destroyed her."

"Leah why did you say that out loud!?"

"Say what that you love her?"

"YES! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!? IF YOU WOULD HAVE STAYED QUIET NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!"

"Calm down boo, she was going to find out sooner or later."

"No she wouldn't have, because Ryder broke up with me because she's moving to New York next month."

"Oh shit she's leaving? That sucks."

I roll my eyes and get up to go find Sadie.

The yard was filled with what looked like hundreds of students. I walked around for awhile to look for Sadie.

I turn around to see Sadie standing at  one of the tables in the middle of the yard. From a distance I can tell she's yelling at someone, I walk closer to the table and see Ryder stand up and slap her...

Oop we on schedule again do do do do doo. Don't get used to it. Anyways decided to leave you on a cliffhanger hanger because I like making y'all mad :)