03 - Cat boy

The next day I walked into the classroom and Ae came over to me, wrapping his arm around me with a casual smile.

"Do you know what today is?" He smiled.

I shook my head and he smiled. Rachel walked over and fake smiled at me still showing her annoyance.

"Rach, they agreed."

I looked at him with a completely unamused face and he smiled back.

"It's the first Friday of the month. We host parties every first Friday of the month."

I've heard about it. Every month, the first Friday, one of the pops host a party. They have three parties every month. First Friday, third Wednesday and last Saturday of the month. First Friday is hosted by a single pop, and the others are a mix.

"Pete's coming too." Ae added.

My eyes grew big, with the sound of my name slipping out of his lips.

"Right?"

I pushed his arm off me and walked away answering with, "I'll think about it." 

As I headed to my seat, I heard Ae yell across the room, "But we're friends. I'm hosting this month!"

I tried my hardest to ignore him. When I reached my seat, Chompoo turned around and looked at me. Her small puppy-like eyes screamed, "Are you really going?"

Usually the four of us, Pond, ChaAim, Chompoo and I go to the parties just because it's something to do. We never socialized with anyone, especially not the pops.

I guess it's natural for them to start questioning why Ae has been hanging around me a lot and when all of that happened. Although I'm not so sure myself. I've always been the quiet person in the background that occasionally shines. I'm still not even sure if Ae is actually the person who kissed me that night.

Later that night, ChaAim called my cellphone while at the grocery store.

"Hey where are you?" she questioned.

"At the store." I answered looking around the store. I heard her laugh in the background then I heard Pond's laugh.

"What district?" she laughed into the phone.

"Second?" I said hesitantly.

"Great. We're in district four. Meet us at Corbina's!"

Before I could say anything else, she hung up.

Knowing I'm about to be dragged into something strange, I put back all my items then walked out of the store empty handed. I wondered around the fourth district. Finally I found Corbina's. Upon entering, I asked the store clerk if she spotted a few crazy teenagers. She laughed and pointed over by the changing rooms. I heard two girls giggling from behind the curtain and Pond texting and waiting.

"Ta-da! ChaAim stepped out from behind wearing a short and tight nurse uniform. She pulled the fake glasses slightly down her nose and winked.

"Ai Pete!" She ran over and jumped onto me hugging me like a kid would. It became obvious that her dress rode up and her underwear showed.

I looked up at the ceiling and hugged her back. She quickly climbed off then notice her dress. She laughed and adjusted it.

"Chompoo!" She called over to the curtain.

"I don't want to." Chompoo's innocent voice came from behind the curtain. ChaAim ran over and pulled the curtain back, making Chompoo squeal and try covering up. ChaAim grabbed her wrist and pulled her out. Chomoos stood in front of us with pink bunny ears on another tight pink dress to match the ears, with pink stockings that came to about mid-thigh but didn't get covered by the dress.

I felt my face grow slightly hot the longer I stared at her. She blushed and looked at the ground, ChaAim still holding her wrist smirking.

"It's a costume party." ChaAim grinned.

Quickly she jumped from Chompoo to directly in front of me pulling me into the dressing room. She pulled out a black marker, or some type of makeup and began drawing something on my face. Finally she put black ears on my head. When I looked at the mirror, I could tell I've become a cat.

"Alrght!" She yelled, pulling the curtain open and stepping out. "Let's go to the party!"

* * * * *

Even from outside the house, the music blasted through my ears. I put on the small black mask and fixed my cat ears then held my long black cat tail in my hand and walked inside with ChaAim, Chompoo and Pond.

The place felt like an ocean with people. Everywhere you looked, there was something new. It felt like a Halloween party. I turned around to ask ChaAim and Pong where we should sit but they had already disappeared into another room. Chompoo clung to my arm, scared she'd be swept away in the crowd. 

"Hold onto my tail." I whispered down to her. She nodded and grabbed it as we rushed through the crowd.

Somehow we made our way to the living room. ChaAim and Pond already had drinks in their hands and laughing up a storm with people I didn't recognized.

"Oh. My. God." I turned around and Chompoo was already being surrounded.

"You're Chompoo right? From the click? Why'd you leave?" Girls surrounded her. Soon enough, we got separated and I began to drown in the sea of people.

I headed upstairs, hoping to find some place quieter , less crowded or a bathroom to hide in. I opened a door a few steps away down the hall way. Blinded by a couple getting it on, I quickly shut the door.

Awkwardly walking away, I ran into someone and spilled their drink all the ground.

"Ah, sorry." I said looking down at the mess.

"Nah, it's alright. This place will be trashed either way." He laughed also looking down at the spilled punch on the ground. A silence came through, lasting a few minutes.

"Guess we better clean this up..." I mentioned awkwardly, beginning to move toward the stairs with him following me behind. We grabbed the napkins then headed back upstairs.

"Hey cat boy." ChaAim came tumbling up the stairs with a random boy.

"Have a drink. Party on bro!" She yelled then placed her cup in my hand as they walked down the hall into a room.

I sighed and help the cup not sure what to do. She's a bad drunk, but I guess I have absolutely no right to criticize her considering what happened last time.

"Well, let's drink up."

The boy took it from my hand and took a sip. I smiled as he handed me the cup.

One drink won't hurt.

TO BE CONTINUED... 

=====
a/n: Or will it?... 

=====