22 - Comfort

a/n: Short update sorry 😅 but... 

=====

"Why don't we all go to a movie?" Ae suggested. Remy agreed and I nodded silently. Remy hopped down and ran off to the club computer to search movies. Ae followed him, but I stayed planted in my spot.

Once the movie was chosen, we all left for the theaters. They walked ahead of me, side by side, I trailed behind sluggishly. As they walked next to each other, talking and laughing, I realized how much I didn't fit in. Together they looked like the perfect couple.

"Um," I said quietly. Neither of them turned around and I assume they just didn't hear instead of being ignored. I stopped walking a few measly minutes later, with at least ten feet in between them and myself, Ae turned around.

"C'mon Pete." Ae waved at me as he stopped in his tracks. Slowly his hand wilted and fell down by his side. He ran over to me and stopped a few inches in front of me. "Are you alright?" He said in a worried tone.

"I think," I hesitated before continuing, "I'm going to go back." The smile on his face wiped away in one quick blink. "My stomach is starting to hurt." I lied to him as I glanced at the ground.

"Want me to walk you back?" He slowly reached out to me. His hand stopped just before touching me, as if he is scared. I shook my head and gave him a weak smile.

"You don't have to. I'll be fine." I lied "You go have fun without me." I lied once more. I've become such a glib liar. "We'll hang out another day. Just me and you." No, let's hang out today. Ditch Remy and come back to me. Don't leave me. I wanted to say.

"Alright." He sighed. I'll see you around then. Feel better." Ae turned away and began walking back to Remy. Come back. Is what I wanted to say. Don't go with him. (a/n: Sorry Pete I think Ae has a bad case of insensitivity 😡)

"Come back..." The words slipped quietly through my quivering lips. Ae stopped and looked back at me, like he heard my words. I waved with a slightly limp hand and watched them walk away. Ae's eyes looking at only Remy who smiled like today is his last day on earth. Not another glance from either of them back to me.

With blurry vision, and my head spinning, I slugged back to my dorm room. Halfway up the stairs I fell to my knee, clutching my shirt. It is no longer my stomach that feels sick, but my heart aching with unbearable pain. In the quietness of the giant lobby room, a tear trickled down my cheek. I coughed and sniffled as I used the railing to pull myself to my feet.

I shuffled down the never ending hallway maze, dragging my feet the whole way back. I grabbed the door knob to my room and pushed the door open. My arms felt like cooked noodles, weak and flimsy. A sweet numbness spread through my legs, and they quickly caved in. I collapsed, but not to the floor. Soft arms swooped under my arms and supported me.

"Pete are you alright?" A soft tender sweet voice brushed against my neck. "Do you need to go to the nurse?" He said still holding me. My arms reached over and grabbed his shirt, quickly pulling my face into his chest. Tears rolled down my face and I fell to the ground, clutching onto Jeremy's shirt.

Without asking any questions he squared down and let me cry in his arms. No matter how stained his shirt became from my weeping he didn't say a word. He quietly patted my back and brushes his fingers through my hair and my heart oozed out of my body.

My eyes grew puffy and my nose stuffed up. Jeremy's shirt became completely soaked and wrinkled, but the gentle smile on his face, warmed the colors that became dull. He hugged me tightly and whispered softly in my ear, "I'll be alright." Three words that stopped my tears, directed to me, from one person.

I can't take any more. I've reached my limit.

An hour later, I stopped crying and ran to the bathroom to wash my face. Even after scribbling my face with face soap. I looked like a soulless zombie. I walked out of the bathroom and turned the corner to head towards the beds when right in front of me, the only thing in my line of vision, Jeremy's fit bare back.

I felt my face grow warm and I quickly hurried to my bed. "So what are you doing home so early." I questioned as I looked away from him.

"Things were slow. So I was able to come back." He pulled a new shirt over his head and walked over to his bed. "That's cool." I laughed awkwardly. A small silence grew as I waited for some sort of reply.

"Are you okay?" When I turned around to look at him, looming over me, Jeremy placed his forehead on mine. My face grew pink and I waited for him to pull away. I could feel his breath, smell the mint from his last dish. "You might have a slight fever." He looked at his hands, the front then the back. "My hands are usually cold so I had to use my forehead."

"Oh, so that's what you meant." I laughed slightly. My laugh fell into a sigh as I looked away once again. Jeremy slightly laughed as he put his shirt outside to dry. "What did you think I meant?" A whistling wind came rushing through the open window, filling the silence. "Nothing." I slightly chuckled.

Jeremy closed the window and looked at him. In a quiet voice, with the breath that would tickle a baby if you whispered to them, he said, "Did you think I was asking about what happened earlier?" An arrow shot through my chest as my heart began to burn and beat quickly. At first, I did think that. He didn't seem like the kind of guy who ends up being considerate. Since the first time we met, he's been a jerk. But as time passed by, I never noticed till now, that he's a good person.

"No," I replied. "Well, maybe." I added. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jeremy smiled at me. 

"No, I'll probably break down again if I try." I laughed it off, scratching my lower cheek. 

"If you do, I'll comfort you." Jeremy gently patted my head.

To be continued...

a/n: And this author went HMMM...

Check out my other books!

General Fiction:
1. Naughty Girls' Nasty Times Collection 18+ [BoyxGirl]

Fan fictions:
1. Facades [MingKit] - ONGOING
2. I Kissed A Boy [AePete] - ONGOING
3. The New Kid [PhaYo] - ONGOING
4. My Boy Toy [TinCan] - ONGOING
5. The Boy Next Door [KimmonCopter] - ONGOING
6. Sharing Forth [ForthBeam] - ON HOLD
7. BL One-shots and short stories [ForthBeam | MingKit | PhaYo | AePete | KornKnock | KongpobArthit | TinCan] - ONGOING

=====

=====

~ vote, follow and share! ~