07 - Pleasurable hell

The curtains rolled onto stage, closing the play after I ran away. Chompoo stormed across the stage and slapped Ae across the cheek.

"How could you?! So you're a player, but you know I'm dating him!" Her hand trembled after slapping his face, her breaths were short and she stared at the ground.

"Chompoo." I grabbed her hand and held it tightly. "Let's go." She nodded, still looking at the ground.

"Ae, don't bother me anymore." It took all I could but officially this is the end. I don't want him playing with my heart anymore.

Walking down the street with Chompoo, felt like I was about to drown in my tears.

Whenever I think about him, my heart races, I can't talk and I can barely breath. I let go of Chompoo's hand about a block away from her house.

"I've got to go." She nodded, wrapped her arms around my waist hugging me tightly and then walked the rest of the way home alone.

When I got home I went up to my and hugged my pillow. Is this just the beginning to these feelings? If so, I'm glad I stopped before it even really began.

We're strangers to each other. It's best this way. The next day I went back to how I used to be, still my heart thumped when I looked at him.

Ae acted as if yesterday never happened. Surrounded by girls and other people, he smiled brightly. He's got a girlfriend, and I've got one too. It shouldn't matter, but I can't stop thinking about him, or just let go of the fact itself.

"Pete." he came over to me and tapped my shoulder. Just his touch made an electric shock fly through my body.

"Can I talk to you?"

I scooted my chair back and walked out into the hallway. What am I doing? I thought I came to the conclusion of ending it all.

"Listen." He placed both his hands on my shoulders, one on each shoulder. "I'm really sorry."

I looked away from him and down the empty hall. Somehow I hoped a conversation would come up where I could say something decent.

"Just, when I saw you the other day, dressed like that, I already thought you looked good, but looking like that, just broke me. I couldn't hold back. I'm sorry."

I pushed his hands away from my shoulders. I'm always at my limit myself. I need to start breathing again and the only way that's possible is if he leaves me alone.

But if I don't push him away, I wonder where it's going to go. It's not one hundred percent, but I know that something is growing between us.

Is it love? Am I really falling for his calming words, his gentle kisses and his loving heart?

"I think, we shouldn't be friends anymore." I said quietly under my breath.

He nodded and walked back into the classroom without saying another word.

Is that it? He's not going to fight back and try holding on?

Of course, he has other toys, but watching him silently walk away caused my chest to tighten. It doesn't matter if he had the courage to tell me about how he felt and just give up that easily.

Ae's stupid mistake is making my world crash down. He can't take it back and now it's goodbye.

When I walked into the classroom, Chompoo handed me a note then headed to where ChaAim is.

I slowly opened the note and it gave me a feeling of relief.

Dear Pete,
You're to precious to me to have anything happen. I feel like Pond is right, about Ae still liking me. And I believe that is why you got dragged into his playboy games. I'm sorry for doing this, but I'm letting you go. Please live well.
~Chompoo.

Now, everyone has left me. When did I make it so easy for people to waltz into my life and then simply leave whenever they please? I should have known he would have brought me heartache.

* * * * *

A few weeks passed by and everything went back to normal, mostly everything.

Ae completely gave up on me and ignored me in school and out of school if we accidentally ran into each other.

Still, with the sight of him, or his shoulder brushing up against mine in the tight hallways of school, my heart throbbed.

Constantly I'd lie to myself, hoping he'd leave my mind. As I look spaced out, and my friends ask me if I'm alright, the only words that came to my mouth were, "Yeah. I'm fine."

When we were alone and we talked, I thought he was innocent. But he put my heart through hell, a memorable and pleasurable hell.

To be continued...

=====
a/n: Pete did you say pleasurable? I told you I know what it's called... I am still not telling.

=====
Ongoing fanfics:
1. Sharing Forth [ForthBeam]
2. Facades [MingKit]
3. The New Kid [PhaYo]
4. I Kissed A Boy [AePete]
5. BL One-shots and short stories [ForthBeam | MingKit | PhaYo | AePete | KornKnock | KongpobArthit]

=====