08 - Pond

Ae's POV

I wish he isn't so stubborn, but I also like him because of that. That stubbornness, when he's pissed, or embarrassed, he looks cute. But because of my honesty, and trying to show everyone my real affection, it backfired. Now I have to go to my dreams to see his beautiful face. I can stare at the picture I secretly took of him the night we first met for hours on end. Every romance song only makes me crave him more.

If only he put away the math and logic, the way of life, and just accept it, we can be together. We can hold hands, laugh, kiss and everything will be fine. At school the girls tell me that I'm cute and flirt with me, and the guys tell me I'm the best and the man, but it doesn't mean a thing unless it's from Pete's lips.

Remembering the way he smiles, makes my heart throb until the next time we meet. I want to call him mine, I want to kiss him and show him right where he belongs, his hand intertwined with mine.

At night, I wonder what he's doing. Is he smiling, crying, sleeping, thinking about me?

I've dated a lot of girls, and from that I've gotten the label of a player. They were all the same though, I was only looking for the right person. The person who makes me lose my cool with whatever I do.

My heart grew tired of not being able to find my light, and gave up hope, but then, Chompoo, she found my light before I did.

When we were all put into the same class, my eyes always followed him. Since that night at the party, the night I took all my courage to approach him, I've been in love with him. I thought if I always laughed out loud in the center of a group, or have someone always with me, he'd notice me. Or if I had a girlfriend, he'd get jealous of her.

When I'm with him, I get a taste of perfection. He tells me to move on, but I have no place to go. No matter who I'm with, or what I'm doing, he's on my mind twenty-four/seven. I've become addicted to him.

At school when Pond sometimes sits on his lap and wraps his arms around Pete's neck, a jealous rage bubbled up inside of me, but I knew if I dared to touch, I'd get burned. Looking into other people's eyes make me wish I'm looking into his eyes.

I'm afraid to be pushed away from him. To be hated, all his words, even if they hurt, or are meant to sting, they all feel so warm to me. They're words, from his mouth, only for me.

Sometimes I feel like chasing a dream, but when he looks at me I think I'm getting one step closer.

If could, I'd give up forever to stay by you. My only wish is to be noticed by him, because when I talk, he's the only one who understands.

It's my mistake for making up my own conclusions. I'll change, as long as I can get my happy ending. I'll change, only for him.

* * * * *

Pete's POV

The next morning I woke up to my cellphone buzzing until it fell off my bedside table and onto the carpet below. I rolled over to my stomach and reached over the bed to grab it. Like a crane my arm came up and I got to see my surprise.

ChaAim: Hey let's meet up today. Amusement park? Me, you and Pond. Like the old times. Noon today. See you there.

I glanced at the top of my phone where the clock is located— 11:07. Quicker than a ninja I jumped out of bed and tumbled into the bathroom to take a shower. Twenty minutes later I popped out and brushed my teeth as I got dressed. Lucky for me, I'm able to multi-task.

In a giant rushed I flew out the door yelling to my parents that I'm going out for a while, that I am heading to the amusement park. Luckily I live relatively near everything. 12:15, I arrived and spotted Pond standing there alone.

"Pond!" I called over to him huffing. He smiled at me and waved over. "Where's ChaAim? Late?"

He shook his head in denial, "Her plans changed and she can't make it."

I took a deep breath in, giving my body the feeling of cleansing. "Wanna go on some rides? Maybe ChaAim will show up later." He smiled at me. I nodded in agreement and we walked in.

Everywhere I looked, everyone held hands. I felt like I'm getting lost in a love sea.

"Let go on that." Pond pointed at a roller coaster. He grabbed my hand and took the lead over to the ride.

Throughout the the whole ride, in the front seat, I couldn't take my eyes off Pond. I hadn't seen him this happy in a long time. For now, I'll live while I can.

After a few more rides, we stopped by the small outside cafe to grab a bite.

"Pete remember when we first met?" Pond brought up as we sat down. I nodded and took a sip of my cola. "At that time when I met you and ChaAim, I was honestly scared. You and ChaAim dragged me on all these crazy adventures. But I don't regret any of them."

I laughed, "We were only in middle school. I remember when we walk in the forest in winter when it was sunny out. Then we came home and soaked our numb feet in the bathtub with burning hot water."

We both laughed then sighed. We talked about the past and how everything was so relaxed. Talking to Pond brainwashed me, and Ae vanished from my mind.

"Hey," he laughed. "What would you do if I told you that I love you?" I continued his laugh for a few seconds until his sentenced went in one ear and out the other. I stopped laughing and looked at him.

"Do you?" I asked. We both fell quiet for a second. I know it's just a question, but hearing what he said just now made my heart skip a beat.

"I do."

When he said those word it felt like an army marched through my chest. I know very well, since childhood, Pond isn't a person who would tell a lie.

What would I do if be told me he loves me? At the moment I can't do anything but go speechless.

To be continued...

=====
a/n: Wow... Did not see that coming... Yes Pete what will you do?

=====
Ongoing fanfics:
1. Sharing Forth [ForthBeam]
2. Facades [MingKit]
3. The New Kid [PhaYo]
4. I Kissed A Boy [AePete]
5. BL one shots and short stories [18+]

=====