26 - With you

a/n: Hi all! Before you go and read this chapter, I just want to remind all of you that my KongpobArthit book MISSED, is out now. I hope you'll check it out. Thanks! 😊

=====

Jeremy's POV

I slung Pete over my shoulder and left the place after paying. I sighed as I walked back to the room with him.

"Jeremy." Ae called from behind as I began walking up the stairs to the room. "And Pete?" he paused, "Is something wrong with him?" he stared at his sleeping face.

"Uh... he drank some alcohol..." I mumbled as I fixed his position. Ae stared at me then stared at Pete. He didn't say a word, but his face became easy to read. It asked, why we were drinking with him?

"He's weak to alcohol. I can take him to his room." Ae offered with a smile slapped across his face. "It's fine. We live together." I purposefully said to test his reaction. Ae didn't say a word but I could see out of the corner of my eyes how tightly he began clenching his fist.

Ae smiled at me and walked back down the stairs. "See yah tomorrow at noon." He waived. "Oh, I should warn you." He yelled to me, "Pete sometimes talks and does some strange things while he's drunk..." Then he disappeared down the halls.

I walked up the rest of the stairs and to our room. Once inside, I threw Pete on his own bed. I rolled my shoulders and neck. For a small person, he felt heavy. An hour of pure quietness passed by, I got absolutely nothing done beside looking around the room and at Pete every once in a while. He began to mumble, then sat up and rubbed his eyes. "You're up?"

"Mmm," he mumbled. "Cans I get sum thin'?" Something? Is he really awake? Seem not to be awake enough to finish a sentence. "Neva mind." He stood up and took a step, then collapsed. I ran over and caught him before he fell to the ground. I sat where we were and let him fall back asleep with his head in my lap. "Aeee. Don leave." He grumbled as he hugged me with his thin arms as if I was the last thing in the world. "Don go to mim." When I looked down at him, under his long eye lashes, water swelled.

Quietly, I brushed my fingers through his hair. Why is it with him, no matter how clingy, annoying and useless he is, I'm always gentle. I've become soft. "I love you." he mumbled as his grip around my waist grew tighter. Maybe that's it. I love him.

*****

Pete's POV

I woke up the next morning on the floor with a blanket on top of me, no pillow under my head. The room barren and cold. "Jeremy?" I rubbed my eyes and looked around. No answer. I stoop up and walked to my bed. My eyes slowly hesitated to my bedside clock.

11:30 am

I quickly grabbed a random shirt, jeans and my Vans then ran to the bathroom. While stumbling over my own two feet, I somehow managed to get dressed. One glance at the mirror and I knew my hair wouldn't be able to be fixed. It looked as if someone was messing with it while I was asleep. I grabbed a black beanie then ran out the door.

I sprinted down the stairs and out the main door. Holding my beanie on my head, I ran all the way to the meeting place. When I arrived, only Remy was there. "Where is everyone?" I huffed. Remy looked at the clock then at me.

"I was hoping you weren't going to come." He sighed as he looked around for the others. "For some reason, Ae talks about you a lot. He seems to like you." He made a bigger sigh. Ae talks about me? To Remy?

"Really?" I laughed as I looked away. Did Ae not tell anyone that we're dating? Well, he did introduce me to them as just a friend.

"And because of you, I can't get what I want. I want Ae. He's mine and always has been since we were kids." Remy bragged. I completely forgot they are childhood friends. They seem to have a stronger connection between each other than I do with him.

"What are you trying to say?" I mumbled to him.

"Look inside your tiny little mind." He smirked at me. When I didn't reply to him, he said, "Look a bit harder." Then he took a pause. "Well seems like you have a hole where your brain should be, so I'll just tell you. Stay out of my way you little twat." He growled.

At first his words didn't translate in my head. They all sounded like a foreign language. Or maybe I didn't want to accept that he like Ae and might be able to steal him from my hands. "Do you enjoy being so hateful?" I accidentally blurted out.

"Pete?" A voice from behind said. I turned around and standing right behind me was Ae, Kevin and Jeremy. Instantly I slapped my hands over my mouth and avoided eye contact. "Anyways," Ae said changing the topic, "Let's go into the haunted house."

"Wait." Remy shouted before we entered. "I'm scared." He said looking at everyone but me, who trailed in the back. "I'll hold your hand." Kevin offered. The way he said that, and his soft facial expression, it was easy to see that he likes Remy. "No, no." Remy declined. "Let's go in a line. Kevin in front, then Ae, me, Jeremy and then Pete." he smiled delighted.

"I'll be in the back. Since I don't really like haunted houses. They're never scary enough." Jeremy said. Remy shrugged and well headed in. As soon as we went in, a man popped out and Remy and I let out a loud screech. Halfway through, I became sick of hearing Remy complain and cling to Ae's arm, claiming he is scared.

We turned the corner and walked down a tight pitch black hallway. "I think there's something on the ground." Ae warned everyone. Carefully I stepped over every object on the floor, but in on foul miss, I tripped and fell to the ground. "Pete are you okay?" Ae's voice covered the area.

"Ae don't stop walking. Keep going, I hate the dark." Remy complained. I hate what Remy does and I'm sick of all his dirty tricks. I could tell by the shuffling footsteps that they kept walking forward. Without realizing, Remy, Ae and Kevin were too far ahead to hear their feet or voices. "C-Come back..." my voice trailed off.

"Can you get up?" Jeremy bent down next to me. A loud bang pierced my ears and I jumped. My fear of the unknown and what might come at me, but even worse, being in the dark without being able to see if something is coming made it all the worse. Another bang filled the air and a shiver slithered up my spine.

"I can't. I'm scared." I sniffled. Holding back my tears seemed impossible. Why do I cry with things involving Ae. "Jeremy I'm scared." I turned to Jeremy and held onto him. He didn't say a word and held onto me. After a moment of silence, and time to get myself together, Jeremy said, "I'm here with you."

Despite what would usually happen in a situation like mine, two people alone, and in the dark, like the game seven minutes in heaven, Jeremy did nothing more than hold me till I could stand again. The whole way out of the haunted house, no words were exchanged. Just knowing Jeremy is with me, behind me and not leaving for a second, I no longer felt scared.

To be continued...

=====

Check out my other books!

GENERAL FICTION:
1. Naughty Girls' Nasty Times Collection 18+ [BoyxGirl]

FANFICTIONS:
1. Missed [KongpobArthit] - ONGOING
2. Obsessed: Power Trip [MingKit] - ONGOING
3. Facades [MingKit] - COMPLETED
4. I Kissed A Boy [AePete] - ONGOING
5. The New Kid [PhaYo] - ONGOING
6. My Boy Toy [TinCan] - ONGOING
7. The Boy Next Door [KimmonCopter] - ONGOING
8. Sharing Forth [ForthBeam] - ON HOLD (Unpublished)
9. BL One-shots and short stories [ForthBeam | MingKit | PhaYo | AePete | KornKnock | KongpobArthit | TinCan] - ONGOING

 BL One-shots and short stories [ForthBeam | MingKit | PhaYo | AePete | KornKnock | KongpobArthit | TinCan] - ONGOING

~vote, comment & follow~