27

a/n: Hello! As I have mentioned in my other books, I will not be putting a title on any of my book chapters anymore. I want y'all to give what you think the best title would be for every chapter you read! This is my way of hearing your thoughts and ideas with the story's progress etc. Try it, it'll be fun. 😊

Please don't forget to vote too and follow for updates. Thanks! ❤

=====

Pete's POV

Ten minutes later, we both walked into the blinding bright light which led us outside where everyone else is. When my eyes landed on Ae and his eyes locked with mine, I smiled and tried to play as if I were completely fine.

In the most natural way, Jeremy acted as if nothing happened. He began talking to Kevin and Remy as if it were just them. "Pete" Ae called my name. I could barely hear his voice calling for me. All I became aware of was the touch of Jeremy's comfort embrace. Slowly the love I once shared with Ae, feels like it's being washed away and down the nearby drain.

But in the crowd, as we all start walking, Ae's fingers floated through the air until they entangled with mine. Once again he took me under his wing, and returned the love that was once there. No words, no large movements, just our fingers dancing together under the gray cloud and cold air.

"Pete," I looked at him and could see his warm breath slipping out into the frosty air, "Are you going to go home for winter break? Cause if you are, we can go back together." He looked at me and smiled. I almost want to say yes, but out of all the times he's reached out to me, only once has he ever gotten me.

"I'm not." While holding his hand, and walking next to him, but thinking of someone else's hands and touch seems unfair. "I've got work." I slightly lied. The truth is, I could probably get off from work, but if I plan on going to Paris, I need to get as much money as I can get.

"But you can see Pond and ChaAim if you go back." Ae tempted me by using my friends' names. "I already saw them" I mumbled. It wasn't a lie, and it's winter break. They probably want to be together, alone.

"What are you guys talking about?" Remy popped into our conversation. Ae honestly told him about going back to our home town. "Really?! My grandma lives there. I can come with you right?" He smile happily. Ae nodded and they trailed off into their own little world about childhood memories.

No matter who I'm with, I'm always the third wheel. "Ae, on Sunday can we meet?" I called out to him. He nodded and we continued to go back to campus, with me trailing behind everyone.

*****

Saturday went by quickly with work and then sleep. Finally the anxious day came. After today, winter break starts, meaning Ae and Remy will be going together, to my home town.

"Pete, is something wro..." Jeremy began as he dried a glass, but before he could finish, I quickly picked up a small bite size cake and shoved it in his mouth. It's annoying how he can always see right through me. Or maybe he understands me that well. "Are you being ignored? Is that why you're down?" He finished chewing and swallowed.

I paused before I shook my head in denial and continued drying the cups and plates with him. "If you are, remember this," he took a deep breath, "if someone ignores someone else, the person getting ignored will be getting the attention they need from a third member."

Exactly as it's been said, I've been ignored by Ae, who has been with Remy, and I'm now getting attention from Jeremy. With the words that Jeremy tells me, I'm finding things that I didn't know. Things like, I'm not as lonely as I feel and there are people who will always be with me. He's locked many of his thoughts inside my head.

Later that night, I headed to the cafe Ae chose to meet at the time of my choosing. I walked over to Ae's table, since he was the first to arrive out of the both of us. "Hey." I said as I sat down in the seat next to him on the long row of window seats.

Ae smiled at me. No, I can't get swept away by his smile. Like Pond and ChaAim said to me at the cafe, the longer it goes on like this, the more it will hurt the both of us. I have Pond and ChaAim and now Jeremy on my side, together they all support me. There's no need for Ae and I to struggled and get hurt any longer. In a single breath, quietly and quickly, I said, "Let's break up."

To be continued...

06/02/2020

=====

Check out my other books!

GENERAL FICTION:
1. Naughty Girls' Nasty Times Collection 18+ [BoyxGirl]

FANFICTIONS:
1. Missed [KongpobArthit] - ONGOING
2. Obsessed: Power Trip [MingKit] - ONGOING
3. Facades [MingKit] - COMPLETED
4. I Kissed A Boy [AePete] - ONGOING
5. The New Kid [PhaYo] - ONGOING
6. My Boy Toy [TinCan] - ONGOING
7. The Boy Next Door [KimmonCopter] - ONGOING
8. Sharing Forth [ForthBeam] - ON HOLD (Unpublished)
9. BL One-shots and short stories [ForthBeam | MingKit | PhaYo | AePete | KornKnock | KongpobArthit | TinCan] - ONGOING

 BL One-shots and short stories [ForthBeam | MingKit | PhaYo | AePete | KornKnock | KongpobArthit | TinCan] - ONGOING

~vote, comment & follow~