19 - Roommates

Quickly we collided. I looked at him and his face turned pale. He looked down at the ground, where his hair covered his eyes and most of his face. 

I watched him clench his fist and grit his teeth. Instantly I stood up and pushed the chair inward. He didn't say a word and walked away. My eyes followed him out the door.

"Hey." Someone a row above me yelled down. "Wanna eat lunch with us?" He smiled at me as I looked at him. Slowly he reached down and grabbed my hand, shaking it firmly. "I'm Josh." He pointed going from left to right, "this is Annie, Alyssa, Drake and Peter."

Happily I smiled at them, "I'm Pete."

They all smiled at me, Annie and Josh reminding me of Pond and ChaAim. "But I already have lunch plans. Sorry."

I knew I'll end up regretting loosing a chance to make new friends, but I'd rather spend my time with the one I love the most.

"No worries." Josh laughed. "Maybe next time." He smiled as he walked off and everyone followed him.

I stood up and walked out the door, Ae leaning against the wall waiting for me.

He put his arm around me and we walked outside to eat. We sat down on top of a small hill and under a tree, as if having a picnic.

"Have you joined a club yet?" Ae wrapped his arms around me. I shook my head, no. "You should join my club. I was invited by a friend. There's only four people." He laughed. "I've only met two of them though. I'm the fourth."

Hearing him talk in such a joyful voice, became a lullaby to my ears. I could listen to him all day. Ae pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

"Hey. Can my friend join our club?" I heard him say.

A small pain stuck my heart when I heard him say friend.

"Really. It's invite only? Well you should at least meet him. He's really cute and lovable." He laughed into the phone. 

Quietly I pulled out my lunch and waited for him to hang up. 

"Alright bye." He laughed as he hung up the phone. He hugged me tightly, knocking me over and we began to roll down the hill we once sat on.

When we stopped I laid underneath him.

"They're busy right now. But after club activities you should come to my room." Ae whispered into my ear before pecking me on the lips. I smiled happily as I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. His lip still soft and smooth as ever.

My classes finished and Ae headed off to his club whom he said we'd meet later. I wondered around campus, walking up and down halls, walked in and out of buildings, almost got hit by flying baseballs, footballs and tennis balls and nearly falling into a lake. As I headed back to my dorm I ran into Josh.

"Ello." He swung his arm around me. "Let's go for a stroll." He smirked as he switched directions, forcing me to follow. 

There was a long moment of silence between the two of us before one finally said anything.

"You know," he mumbled to himself. "You're the talk on campus." He laughed.

I looked at him, not knowing a thing of what he's saying. 

"I can't believe you rejected her." He even laughed even harder.

I pulled away and stared at him. Her? Who the hell is her? Unable to speak up, my voice stayed trapped in my throat. 

Josh placed his hand on my shoulder and contained his laughter by breathing in a large gasp of air. "Let's get dinner." He smiled at me.

I nodded in agreement as he headed to a small restaurant on campus. We grabbed a table and I found we like a lot of the same things. Everything from food to music.