11 - First

a/n: ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! 😉 No, do not scroll down to the end right away...

=====

Throughout the rest of class, I kept peaking over at Ae, who always seemed to notice and smile at me.

ChaAim kicked the back of my chair and gave me a very sarcastic smile. I sighed and slumped forward on my desk. This is the path I'm choosing. It'll be bumpy and very difficult, but if he's by my side, I'll be fine.

The last bell of the day rang and everyone quickly packed up. I glanced over at Ae's desk, which is now empty. He left? I looked over at the door and Ae waved at me. Just seeing him waiting for me brightened up my mood.

I took my first step over to him but Chompoo grabbed my arm. ChaAim and Pond were next to her staring at me.

I looked over at Ae who slowly lowered his hand and looked away as if he wasn't paying attention.

"What?" I turned to them.

"It's Thursday." ChaAim said. "Thursday is our dinner night."

I nodded and left the classroom with them. I never did give Ae a given time of when I'd tell him.

The whole time while we were out for pizza, I couldn't stop thinking about how I just left him there. I'm just wasting my time by being here.

"Sorry. I think I'm going to go home." I said placing my pizza on my plate.

They all said their goodbye and I left.

My phone beeped and I took it out to look at who it was. It was Ae. I opened the text to see, "Where are you? I'm in the city right now." Quickly I took off from where I was and walked down the crowded city streets looking for him.

I came to the crosswalk where the light was red and the cars were flying through. Quickly I debated whether I should wait and then continue across or go a different direction.

Right before I began to head down the other direction, through the cars, I saw Ae waiting on the other side. The light slowly came to a yellow, then to red. Quickly as everyone started walking out to cross, I ran out.

Directly in the middle of the four way crosswalk, I jumped into Ae's arms wrapping my legs around him in a monkey like fashion. (a/n: 🐒)

"I need to tell you something." I whispered to his ear.

He chuckled as he squeezed me tightly. "Yeah, I know."

A whistle blew loudly and honking from cars and trucks filled the air. I quickly climbed off Ae and we both awkwardly walked out of the street. When we got back to the sidewalk we both laughed.

"Let's go to my place." Ae suggested.

When we arrived at Ae's place, his house was completely empty and dark. We quickly headed up to his room as if we were sneaking in at three in the morning. We flipped on the lights and flopped onto his bed.

"So what were you saying earlier?" he laughed.

I twiddled my fingers and looked at the sheets. Suddenly, butterflies gathered in my stomach and I felt way more nervous than when I was with him last time.

"Um," I said quietly.

Ae scooted closer making me even more nervous.

I continued, "It's always been right in front of me. And lately whenever I'm around you, my heart starts beating really fast."

Ae didn't say a word, but just stared at me with a small smile on his face.

"When you really pissed me off during the play and I tried to push you away, you somehow always pulled me back in. You were always on my mind, and thinking about you became really addicting."