17 - Here we go again

The trip ended with everyone smiling, except me. I faked it, but deep inside, my heart is broken.

"Hey Pete cheer up!" Ae pulled my back playfully.

I sighed and smiled at him.

He frowned back, "Something is wrong, just admit it. Is it anout the college thing?"

I didn't say a word and he sighed heavily.

The mood grew stiff and it stayed that way till we got back to school.

This sort of gloomy mood hung over my head until graduation came around. By then, I realized I needed to shape up and make my last memories the best.

On graduation day, I nearly missed my turn since my eyes were focused on Ae the whole time. Seeing him in a suit under his graduation gown, made him look irresistible.

Quickly, the class graduation party came around, everybody stripped of their their hats and gowns and the past years began to flow, knowing everyone will be taking different paths soon.

"Pete." Ae smiled at me as he hugged me from behind. I smiled back at him as turned around and hugged him. "Wanna go somewhere after the graduation party?"

I nodded and we waited for a time to slip away. We got into his car and drove off. While stuck in traffic, the silence between us grew stronger.

We soon arrived at the amusement park I once went to with ChaAim and Pond. We rode on several rides, which took my mind off things. The sun began to set, and the park announced that they were going to close in about twenty minutes. We boarded the Ferris wheel.

The Ferris wheel began to move and we sat on opposite sides, both looking out over the amusement park.

"Pete." Ae sighed, leaning forward and putting his elbows on his knees and his hands under his chin. "If you don't want me to leave you, just say so." he smiled at me.

I hate this part of him. I love him, but I hate it when he does this. When he makes me choose.

"I don't want you to leave..." I muttered quietly. "But I don't want you to give up your dream either."

We fell into another silence, a long one.

"You know, we can still stay in touch." Ae finally said, but there was a hint of uncertainty

I know deep in my heart that it is a possibility, but without him being by my side, I feel like he'll forget about me.

"Ae, go." I said quietly. "Live your dream and go to your dream college." I began to tear up but looked away from him. I held back my tears as hard as I could, "Don't let me hold you back." I sniffled.

He walked over to me, towering over me as I sat, back pressed against the seat. He placed his giant warm hand on my shoulder and hesitantly, leaned slightly forward.

"Then," he said softly, his eyes sparkling brightly as he looked into my eyes. "One last kiss."

I nodded as he leaned in closer and kissed me. His lips warm, and my eyes filling with water. A teardrop rolled down my cheek as this kiss continued on.

The last kiss, from my beloved Ae. The next day, he left.

* * * * *

The summer passed quickly, and before I knew it, college rolled around. I packed my bags and headed out to the door, saying goodbye to my family.

ChaAim and Pond both heading in the same direction, decided to take the train with me on our way to college.

"So this is it." ChaAim smiled hugging both Pond and I. "After all these years of always being together, we finally part ways." She kissed both Pond and my cheek, he soft lips reminding me of Ae's.