28

a/n: Here's a new upate. Thank you for patiently waiting 😊

=====

Pete's POV

"No." Ae stated while looking at the ground. "We're not breaking up." He said selfishly as he clenched his fist on the table. We both fell into silence. I stared out the window and watched the first snow of winter.

I've heard many times from ChaAim and Chompo, that the first snow fall in winter is supposed to be a magical time when people are together. Here I'm with the person I love the most, yet there is absolutely nothing special about it.

"Why?" Ae muttered. My eyes swung over to him, his head still hanging and glazing at the ground. "You don't love me anymore do you?" He gulped down. Since the day we met, I have never seen him cry. Just watching him choke down his years made my heart ache. "Do you love someone else? Is it Jeremy? You two have been together a lot." He tried laughing away his tears away.

"No," I swallowed down my tears as well. "He's just a friend. I still love you." Everyone is completely right, things wouldn't. We're too different.

"Then let's not break up." Finally, he looked up at him. His eyes nearly teary as he then placed his head on my shoulder and sniffled. "Stop pushing me away." He mumbled quietly. "First it's Chompoo, then Pond, then some weirdo named Josh, now Jeremy. Who else are you going to make me watch you play around with?"

"You're always with Remy. That," I paused. I questioned myself if it is the right moment to mention my hate for him and call him a horrid name, but in the end, it's best not to. "kid, he loves you. You two are childhood friends. You two seem perfect when you're together." I but my quivering lower lip. My eyes looked over at the window, which reflected both of our pain.

"Kevin loves Remy. I love you. Can't you see that?!" Ae shot up and forcefully grabbed me by both of my shoulders as he stared into my eyes with a worried look. "I told you that you're my dream, my light. But when you push me away, who else am I supposed to go to? Remy is the only person I feel comfortable talking to about my feelings." He began to sob.

"Anyways," I continued to stay semi-strong. "I think we should still break up." I said as I looked out the window at the snow to distract myself from crying. Ae placed his head on my chest, still gripping on my shoulders.

"Let me think about it," he hesitated, "before we make it official."

*****

The next day, the first day of a three week winter break, all I could think about was last night. All throughout work, and crossing the street, shoving through people and in my dreams. Did we, or did we not break up? My only question.

A week of quietness and work passed by, only two more until class resumed. I've earned near one fourth of my Paris found. Still thinking about what happened that night, in a near empty café while the first snow fall flutters down to the ground I began work, like any other day.

"Jeremy," I mumbled as I dried my hands after washing the dishes by hand. "If you said to someone that you think they should break up, and the other person says 'no, let me think about it', would that mean they have already broken up?" Jeremy just looked at me as he picked up a dish rag and began wiping the counters.

"That all depends. A relationship needs two people to commit to it. It's hard to keep one going with only one person trying." He winked as he then picked up a dish and brought it out to the café after exiting through the swinging door. My mind lingered to the words Ae said to me, about how I'm the one pushing away instead of him. I was avoiding him earlier. Maybe it's true, maybe I'm the one messing things up.

I sighed and walked to the back room to change. After pulling off my shirt, I felt a brush of cloth and cold metal buttons pressing up against my back. Before I knew it, long arms were wrapped around my neck and shoulders. "I don't need your comfort Jeremy. I'm fine." I said as I placed my uniform shirt in my locker.

I turned around and looked at him. He backed me up against the cold locker doors, and I could feel the chill raise my hair as my bare upper body pressed between Jeremy and the frozen metal. "Jeremy you know I'm taken." I wasn't lying this time. We just haven't made our break up official, according to the other half.

"I don't care if you are or not." He leaned in to kiss me. Silently he kissed the nape of my neck, keeping me tightly pressed up against the lockers. He placed his arm next to my head as he leaned in more. Who else are you going to make me watch you play around with? Ae's words remained in my head.

I quickly slapped him across the face, leaving a red hand print on his cheek. My hand burned as I held it close to my chest. "Stop teasing me. You always do this, but just stop." It's been about two weeks since he last teased me. The night my tent was formed and he fixed it for me. My face still burned when I imagined it. But guilt rallied up in my chest. Regret formed inside as well.

"I'm not teasing." He pulled slightly away, but not enough for me to escape. "People are supposed to work hard to get the person they love." He smiled at me.

Once again, his words made me realize my wrong doing. I'm still in love with Ae. Even with Jeremy teasing me then telling me he loves me for the first time, my heart still doesn't beat as fast as it did when Ae did those things to me. Jeremy can't replace Ae and Remy can't take him from me.

To be continued...

09/19/2020

=====

Check out my other books!

GENERAL FICTION:
1. Naughty Girls' Nasty Times Collection 18+ [BoyxGirl]

FANFICTIONS:
1. Missed [KongpobArthit] - ONGOING
2. Obsessed: Power Trip [MingKit] - ONGOING
3. Facades [MingKit] - COMPLETED
4. I Kissed A Boy [AePete] - ONGOING
5. The New Kid [PhaYo] - ONGOING
6. My Boy Toy [TinCan] - ONGOING
7. The Boy Next Door [KimmonCopter] - ONGOING
8. Sharing Forth [ForthBeam] - ON HOLD (Unpublished)
9. BL One-shots and short stories [ForthBeam | MingKit | PhaYo | AePete | KornKnock | KongpobArthit | TinCan] - ONGOING

 BL One-shots and short stories [ForthBeam | MingKit | PhaYo | AePete | KornKnock | KongpobArthit | TinCan] - ONGOING

~vote, comment & follow~