Ch 3: Jimin

Busan, South Korea is your typical vacation spot. It's always sunny, the beaches are pretty nice and everyone is somewhat friendly. The houses, or should I say mansions are fucking huge and some even have beach front properties. Yup it's the best place anyone could live in.

Too bad I don't live on that side of Busan.

I lived on the darker, trashier side of Busan. Since my parents collect social security, we live off in a small decrepit house. My parents were too fucking lazy to get off their asses to even work. 

They don't even have a fucking car!

I had to walk everyday to the bus stop just to get to school. Rain or shine.

The school I went to was really nice and the education was great. I'm really smart for my age, but that doesn't mean they'll put me in some higher grade. This school is just the same as anywhere else. Everyone treats you differently.

My school is filled with rich snobs here and there and everywhere. You have the jocks, the nerds, the sluts, the cheerleaders (though they both fit in the same category) the Goths, the punks, and me, pathetic little Park Jimin. 

"Good morning class, today we are going to learn the anatomy of a frog." My teacher, Mrs. Hann announced. She was pretty young woman with long red hair and bright brown eyes. Her perfectly smooth skin glowed with delight. She was what I imagined an angel to look like.

Mrs. Hann taught Advanced Zoology. It's an honors class and I was the A student in it. This was my favorite class and Mrs. Hann was my favorite teacher. The other students in this class are prissy jocks and sluts who somehow sweet talked their way into this class. The only reason they are passing was because they copy off of me.

I was partnered up with the only Gothic chick in the class. Her name is Jisoo. She has long black hair, pin straight and the darkest black eyes I had ever seen. Some would say she could put a spell on you, and you wouldn't even notice. Jisoo always sat next to me in Zoology and she and I talk from time to time.

Jisoo was always nice to me, just like Mrs. Hann. She is always very smart and somewhat pretty if she didn't have all those damn piercing on her face.

"I love cutting things, don't you Jimin?" she asked.

"Yeah, I love to cut things too." I replied.

If only she really knew what I really like to cut.

We both dissected the dead frog in front of us. Our assignment was to take out the organs and name them. Pretty simple, at least for the students who don't mind blood and guts, but the other students complained, some even just walked out.

As I was cutting into the frog, a piece of paper was thrown at my head. I looked around and saw a group of jocks turning away, their small giggles could be heard.

Fuckers.

I picked up the ball and opened it. Inside was a picture of what was supposed to be me, eating a frog. On the bottom of the picture said freak, fag, and some other words I couldn't read because of their shitty hand writing.

I crumpled the paper in my hand and threw it in the trash. Once class was over, I immediately ran to the boy's bathroom and locked it.

Freak

Fag

Those words were to the point about me.

My small body slid down the metal door as I sat down on the floor and cried. I hated coming to school for that one simple reason. No one wanted me around. 

I reached into my messenger bag and took out the only friend I had in this world. The cold blade greeted me with a sharp smile as I gently slid it across my arm. The blood oozed out of my arm, engulfing me in a sharp pain. I always wore long sleeves so no one could see my arms. Even if its one hundred degrees outside I still wore a long sleeve shirt.

I then heard knocking on the door followed by Jisoo's voice.

"Jimin? Are you in there?" she called out. It was fucking obvious since I was the only one in this bathroom.

"Yeah...I'll be out in a minute." I called back as I put the blade back into my bag and took out a band aid. I cleaned up my wound, applied the band aid and opened the door with a fake smile.

"Let's go." She said as she grabbed my arm causing the pain shoot through me. 

---

Jisoo and I always walked home together. She lived next door to me and she too has a pretty shitty life, but I don't understand how she could stay sane. I barely have any sanity left within me.

"Oh look at that, fresh meat." Jisoo announced as she pointed her finger over to a car passing by. She always knew who the new person in the block was.

I looked over to her general direction and saw a black hummer drive on by. In the front seat were two men, the rest of the windows were tinted.

"Good for them." I muttered as I walked on. I didn't care since I already knew the new person was just the same as everyone else.

"I'm going to the arcade tonight, you want to join me?" she asked as she walked beside me.

My entire body cringed. It was a Friday which meant everyone was going to be there.

Everyone who hated me.

Everyone who thought I was a freak.

"No thanks...I have to study." I lied. Jisoo simply shrugged her shoulders and we stood silent the entire walk home.

If only she knew why I never leave my house.

If only she knew why I stay in my room, away from society, away from any human contact.

If only she knew I cut myself.

If only she knew why I lock myself inside my own prison of solitude.

If only someone could come and save me.