Ch 23: Jimin

I woke up to the raw smell of cigarettes. My eyes forced themselves open and as they did, I saw my mother laying on the edge of my bed, watching me as she smoked.

"Rise and shine." She cooed. 

Why are you here...go away...

"W-what time is it?" I asked, my voice sounded horrible.

She huffed and sat up straight, the smoke from the cigarette was hurting my eyes. "It's Monday, you missed school." She spat out.

Monday! I've been out cold for two days! Why didn't anyone do something!

"Why didn't you wake me up, I could have been dead." I hissed.

"Please, if you were dead this would have been a different situation." She sighed. "Look, I'm not going to get mad about you missing school, but if I were you, I'd leave and wait a few hours to return home. I won't tell your father this happened. I'm in a good mood today so don't fucking ruin it." she snarled.

I let out a painful grunt as I forced myself off the ground. My mother did nothing but watch with little amusement. I walked over to the small mirror in my bathroom and nearly jumped out of my skin.

 I looked like a mess. 

My face was slightly swollen and there was a clear hand print on the left side of my cheek. I knew I had bruises everywhere, but I wasn't going to lift up my sleeve and show my mother my cuts.

"I'm going to hang out with Jisoo today, at the beach." I said, pouring water all over my face.

"That Satanist bitch?" my mother asked. I shot her a dirty look.

"She's not a Satanist, she's Gothic, big difference" I spat. My mother smiled as she reached into her breasts and pulled out my phone.

"So...who's Jungkook?" she asked, flipping through my phone. My body moved faster than my mind as I snatched the phone out of her hand and looked at it. I had six text messages, three from Jungkook, two from Jisoo, and one from an unknown number.

"He's just a friend" I replied.

"Really? He's not the one you've been slacking off with in the bathrooms at work?" she asked. I didn't have to guess where she found that out.

"No, he's just a friend." I repeated.

My mother didn't look all too satisfied with my answer, but she shrugged her shoulders and got off my bed. "Very well then, I'll just be home all day, doing nothing." She said in a dramatic tone.

I wasn't surprised. She never did anything on Monday's except watch TV and read magazines. She doesn't even cook anymore. I wish I had my old mother back, the one who used to read me a story before bed time, the one I can share all my secrets too.

The one I used to love.

"Mom...why do you hate me?" I asked. My chest swelled up with self-pity again, but I didn't want to cry.

She looked at me with the strangest look I've ever seen. It was like I had just asked her a difficult question as her eyes narrowed and her lips quivered. She really looked like she wanted to answer it. "I...don't hate you Jimin. I just...fuck, I don't know! Don't ask me fucking questions that can give me a headache!" she snapped.

"Its dad isn't it? You hate me because of dad. You're too afraid to stand up to him, and when you do, you're fucking drunk and belligerent." I yelled.

Her eyes widened to my outburst. She then raised her hand, wanting to hit me, but she stopped. I was waiting for the beating but I didn't get one. Her hand was still up in the air, but her eyes were down to the floor. "You're right, I am afraid. But I don't hate you Jimin...I'm just lost right now. I think I need a drink." She said softly.