Ch 27: Jimin

When I got home that night, I expected my father to greet us with a slap to our faces but instead he was too high to even look at us. Four perfect lines of cocaine were neatly placed on the surface of the coffee table. 

My mother looked at him with disgust.

"I sometimes don't know why I even married the bastard." She grumbled as she walked into the kitchen.

"Mom? I thought you said you would stop drinking?" I asked as I followed her into the kitchen. She stopped in front of the fridge and looked at me. She was tired and annoyed, but that was no excuse for the promise she made to me at the beach.

"Jimin, go upstairs to your room." She said, opening the fridge.

"But mom....didn't you promise not to drink? Please don't-"

"Look you little fucker I need this!" she hissed as she held up the cold beer bottle. "If it weren't for you and your fucking father I would have been living in a rich home with everything I've ever wanted." She spat.

I felt tears threatening to escape but I held them down. "But mom...you promised..."

"I didn't say shit." She said, taking a swing of her drink. "Now get the fuck out of my sight. I'm going to bed." She slurred.

But you promised...

I ran upstairs and slammed my door as the tears already came flowing down my cheeks. I should have known she would have played the pity act. I couldn't believe I was dumb enough to believe her. She was never going to find her way and even if she did, where would she go? Nowhere, that's where.

Stupid. Fucking. Whore.

I tried so hard not to sob out loud, that's how hurt I was. The pain from the inside was killing me, and at that moment, the old feeling in my veins returned. I tried to ignore it as best as I could but it was too overwhelming. I ran to the side of my bed and looked under to find what I needed for that pain. There I found my box of razors and I quickly grabbed the box and took one clean razor out.

It smiled at me and I smiled back as I gently placed it on my bed side and took off all my clothes. I haven't cut myself in two weeks so that meant it would hurt twice as much, but not as much as the pain of living here.

 Or the pain of living at all

I sat on my bed and looked to see where I would start marking my body. There were a few good spots left, some were too dangerous for me to cut, but then again would anyone care if I died?

Jungkook would...

I looked down to my legs and found a nice spot on the side of my thighs. I knew wearing pants for the next few days would hurt like a bitch, but I didn't care. 

----

I got up early the next morning and made it to work just in time. There was a lot of old people waiting. Some were there to get more medicine while others were waiting on the doctors. As soon as I approached the receptionist desk, Minhyuk greeted me with a stupid smile.

I was still mad at him for getting me in trouble and nothing he could do nor say would ever change anything. I sat down next to him and flipped on the computer. I felt Minhyuk's eyes on me but I didn't care. I didn't want to look at him nor talk to him.

"Damn...what happened to your face?" he asked.

I ignored his question and checked my list of appointments. I felt his eyes on me. 

That fucker.

"Did your dad do that to you? That's a bit harsh.  I didn't think he would take it that far, but oh well-"