Ch 5: Jimin

Every weekend I worked at the Busan illness treatment center. I got the job through my guidance councilor. She was putting out job offers and she really needed someone to work for them. I signed up, took a one hour bus ride over there and got interviewed. Within a few days I was called that I got the position of receptionist.

I've been working there for almost a year. It was depressing, but it pays good money and it puts food on the table. My parents have shitty jobs. My father was a drug dealer and my mother was a stripper. She must have been a lousy stripper, because even I know strippers make a lot of money per night.

"Excuse me sir, where are the bathrooms?" an elderly lady asked me.

"Right over there miss." I replied, pointing over to my right.

"Thank you, you're so kind." The old woman replied as she walked off.

"Thank you, you're so kind" I heard Minhyuk, the other receptionist, mimic the woman's voice.

I shot him a death glare, letting him know that it wasn't funny.

"Jimin! It's nice to see you!" I heard Jisoo call out. I looked up from my desk and saw Jisoo standing with an elderly man. She was holding him up by his arm and smiling. He was her grandfather. He's been coming here for a year, and everyday he got worse and worse. Today he seemed alright.

"Umm...how can I help you Jisoo?" I asked, looking over to the old man.

"We are here for his usual treatment. He's here to see Doctor Cho?" she said almost like a question.

I ran the name into the computer and immediately a few names came up with certain times. I saw his name with her last name so put two and two together.

"Lee Jinki?" I asked as I looked at him. He lifted his head up, as if his name was correct. "Alright, just wait over there, the doctor will see the both of you in a few minutes." I informed.

Jisoo smiled a bit more as she dragged her grandfather over to a small couch near the TV.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Minhyuk asked.

"Shut the fuck up." I spat.

Minhuyk let out a chuckle as his eyes averted themselves to someone coming in. I looked to where he was staring and my jaw nearly fell.

Standing with the same two men I saw in the hummer the other day, was a tall, very lean, nicely muscular, hot ass, brown haired guy with a beanie on his head. His hands were casually inside the pocket of his loose cut, ripped jeans. His white under shirt clung nicely to his abs as his black Jacket showed off his broad shoulders. I couldn't see his eyes due to the fact that he had black sunglasses on.

"Damn...now that's a nice piece of ass." I heard Minhyuk mumble.

Who is he?

I watched as the guy talked to the other two men, then to a doctor. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I guess one of them were getting a blood test done.

"Whatever, he's probably just like everyone else." I muttered.

He probably will never notice me...

----

After work I took the lonely bus ride back home. It was seven o'clock, which meant my parents were already home.

I rather be six feet under than to return to that hell hole but If I were to run away, where would I go? It's not like anyone would take me in. No one would want a freak like me.

As soon as I stepped on foot into the door, my father grabbed me by my collar and threw me into the ground.

"Do you still feel like fucking a boy?" he asked as he began to unbuckle his belt.

"No...I don't." I said, getting back up.

"Good, that's what I want to hear." He said as he took off his belt and folded it around his large fat hand. "But you didn't prepare dinner before you left, and your mother and I had to order out. That's wasting money!" he yelled.

Your wife has two hands and two feet, if she could get off her flat ass and cook for once, then your fat ass wouldn't have to starve.

"Sorry.." I muttered.

"Sorry? You ungrateful little bitch!" he spat as he lashed the belt on me. The stings from the leather were like an old friend to me, but it still hurt.

I stood there as he beat me with his belt. Sweat was already coming down his brow. He was so over weight that it was disgusting. My mother waltzed on in with another beer bottle in her hands. She looked over to the commotion as her eyes were indifferent.

"He fucked up again? Stupid boy" she slurred as she took a large gulp out of her beer.

My father then grew tired of hitting me and slapped me hard on the face. I definitely knew I'd be feeling that in the morning.

"Now go up to your room and don't come out." He hissed.

I whimpered slightly as I hurried up the stairs and into my room.

Someone save me from this insanity...

I let the tears fall as I looked at myself in the mirror. The hand print was already there and my cheek was red and swollen. I looked even worse than before.

Its moments like this where I just want to shatter and die.

I sat down on the floor next to my bed. under my bed was a small box filled with razor blades, sharp and friendly.

I took one out, and rolled up the sleeve to my shirt. I had so many scars, old and new all over my arms, but I always manage to find a good spot to cut.

As the blade welcomed my skin, I began to think of a song, one that I know will get me through this night. Then it hit me, a perfect song for me.

Where Oh where is my prince charming? Oh where oh where can he be? Where oh where is my prince charming...can he save me from this insanity...

God kill me please...