Ch 6: Jungkook

I woke around seven the next morning. My cousin Jin and his boyfriend Namjoon were already up and walking around as the smell of coffee mixed with the ocean welcomed me. I got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom.

I groaned as I brushed my teeth, took a shower and got dressed for the day. I knew where we were going, and I didn't want to go, but I needed that treatment.

I didn't want that treatment.

My body needed that treatment.

"Jungkook, did you sleep well last night?" Namjoon asked with a big smile.

"Like a baby" I teased as I walked down the stairs. "Where is Jin-hyung?" I asked.

"Oh, he's already in the car, your appointment is in thirty minutes." Namjoon informed.

I groaned again as I felt my stomach grumble. "Is there anything to eat?" I asked.

"Yeah, but you'll be able to eat after seeing the doctor. They need to take some blood samples and other things." He informed.

I mentally sighed as I followed him out the door and into the car. The treatment center was only thirty minutes from the house, which was good to some level. I was quiet the entire ride as I felt awkward going to a treatment center. I felt like only old people would go there.

As soon as we stepped out, I was right. I saw tons and tons of old people, mingling outside the parking lot. It was so degrading that I put on my black sunglasses just to hide my face.

"C'mon Jungkook, we need to do this." Jin said as he parked the car closest to the building.

Upon entering, I immediately noticed how nice and clean it was inside. There was a huge flat screen TV with the local news as well a huge fish tank built into the wall.

"Ah, you must be Jeon Jungkook" a woman's voice addressed me.

I turned to see a tall, brown haired woman with hazel green eyes and very pale skin. She had a small smile and her teeth were perfectly white. It was a typical doctor.

"Yeah that's me" I said with a smile.

"Well, come with me and we'll get you acquainted with us. I guarantee you'll love this treatment center." She beamed.

Yeah right bitch, I guarantee you'll love the money my cousin will pay for my treatment.

"I'm sure I will" I replied as I followed her down a narrow hallway.

An hour later I returned with a band aid wrapped around my arm and a light headed feeling. Those damn nurses were so busy swooning over me that they apparently forgot how to draw blood.

"How was it?" Jin asked as he signed off some papers and gave them to a nurse.

"It was fun." I replied blandly. My cousin chuckled as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, but I know you'll get used to it. Your actual treatment doesn't start for another month, so you'll have plenty of time to adjust and get well acquainted here in Busan" He said.

Plenty of time? I barely have two years to live and you say plenty of time like I have time,

"I know." I replied as I looked the other way. I noticed on the other reception desk their were two guys with black hair. One of them looked older than the other, probably a college boy, but the other looked familiar. I remembered he was that boy I saw walking with that Goth chick the other day. I didn't even know he worked there.

He'll never notice me. Who would want to be friends with someone who is dying?

I let out a deep sigh as I followed my cousin back out into the car.

I suddenly wasn't so hungry anymore.

----

As soon as we got home, I went upstairs and locked myself in my room. I was feeling depressed, and I felt bad for feeling that way. I know Namjoon and Jin were being nice and paying for this, but...what's the point? I'm going to die soon, I might as well just live out my life the way I want to.

But no, I have to go for this treatment, no matter how much I bitch and moan.

No matter how much I hate it

No matter how much I hate the stupid doctor

No matter how much It'll probably hurt.

No matter how much I cry in my sleep.

I will go to my treatment, I will go get treated and I will die in two years, just like the doctor said.

God...where did I go wrong?