Ch 21: Jimin

"Hey look." Minhyuk said as he nudged my arm. I looked up to see Jungkook running to the men's room. He looked like he was upset about something.

"Jungkook.." I whispered as I got up. Minhyuk grabbed my arm and glared at me.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"To the bathroom. Let me go." I hissed.

"You're going in after him aren't you?" he asked accusingly.

"No Minhyuk, I'm going to take a piss." I retorted as I swatted my arm away from him. He gave me a disgusted look and rolled his eyes.

I walked to the bathroom and opened the door slowly and found that  It was empty, except for Jungkook staring at himself in the mirror. He didn't notice my presence which was fine by me but he did looked upset and his eyes were glassy.

Was he crying?..

I watched as he tilted his head back and popped something in his mouth. I couldn't see what is was, but I was pretty sure it was a pill.

"Jungkook?" I whispered as I closed the door behind me.

He snapped his head over to me as his hands immediately rubbed his eyes. "Jimin!...I didn't hear you." he said faintly. He definitely looked like he was crying.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I approached him. He turned his head away from me but I placed my hand upon his cheek and turned his head to face me. "Jungkook...were you crying because of your cousin? Is he dying?" I asked. I remembered he told me his cousin was sick.

Jungkook's body stiffened as he grabbed my hand and removed it from his face. "Umm...yeah. It was painful to find out." He whispered.

Something is not right...

"Jungkook if you ever need someone to talk to, you can always talk to me." I said with a small smile.

Jungkook's eyes glistened with joy as he wrapped his arms around me and brought me in for a bear hug. I didn't expect that to happen, but I loved it. He smelled like the ocean.

"Jimin...have you ever had a deep dark secret and you were too scared or ashamed to admit to someone?" he asked.

I have many secrets....they are written all over my body. Literally.

"Yeah...but why do you ask?" 

Jungkook's brown eyes seemed empty for some reason, as if he wasn't sure of himself. He then let on a small smile and shrugged it off. "It's nothing. SO...." His gorgeous bunny smile lifted itself. I knew where this was going.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips to his. It was like magic all over again. As much as I enjoyed kissing Jungkook, it still bothered me how he acted strange. Why did he even ask me about secrets? Does he have a secret he doesn't want me to know?

"Jeeze, get a room." I heard Minhyuk's voice. Jungkook and I looked over to see Minhyuk standing by the door.

"I got to go." Jungkook whispered as he pecked my cheek. "I'll text you later." He added as he smiled at Minhyuk before leaving the bathroom.

Minhyuk remained in his spot as his eyes narrowed and his lips jittered. He looked like he wanted to yell at me. "You are a smooth little slut." He hissed.

I felt hurt being called a slut but I knew he was just jealous that I kissed Jungkook before him.

"Look who's calling who a slut." I spat. "You wouldn't shut up about him the day you first saw him. I say, you're the top slut here."

The look on Minhyuk's face said it all. He was jealous and I was glad he was. It made feel better about myself.

----

I got home around eight that night. The bus had an extra stop to get to before mine. I thought it was a dumb excuse but I didn't care, I just wanted to go to my room and text Jungkook.

As soon as I opened the front door, a large hand came crashing down on my face and the feeling of a thousand bee stings rippled through my mind as I fell into the hard wooden floor and looked up at my attacker.

It was my father.

"You fucking little faggot!!" he screamed. I didn't know why he was mad at me. I left dinner prepared and I cleaned my room and did my homework. There shouldn't have been a reason for him to hit me.

"What did I do wrong?" I whispered, holding my left cheek. It burned like hell.

My father reached down and pulled me up by my hair.  I let out a cry of pain as he pulled me to my feet. "I got a phone call from your job saying that you're slaking off?" he asked, followed by another slap to the face.

I knew one person who could have made that call.

Minhyuk.

"I didn't slack off!! I'm serious!" I yelled.

SLAP

My face became numb as my eyes filled with tears. I didn't know why he even cared if I was slacking off or not. He never asked me about work as long as I bring money home. "You fucking little liar! I got a call saying you were slacking off in the men's room...with a guy? Who the fuck do you think you are!" he roared. Spit was all over my face as I was trembling.

My Father slapped me again and I was sent flying into the coffee table. 

My father then walked up to me and kicked me in the stomach. All the air inside my body escaped in that instant as pure amounts of pain spiraled all around me. My father then picked me up by my hair again and brought me close to his face. I could smell cigarettes and weed off of his breath.

God....kill me now...don't let me suffer anymore.

"It took us nine months to bring you into this world, it will take nine seconds to take you out!" he spat sadistically. More tears slid down my cheeks, but I couldn't feel anything.

SLAP

SLAP

SLAP

His hands became red from slapping me all over. I didn't know where I was anymore. I wondered where the hell was my mother. Then the answer came to me. She was nowhere. Even if she was in the same room with us, she was nowhere. She wouldn't lift a finger to nor say a word as she would silently watch me get beat up.

Once my father was finally done, or too tired from slapping me, he picked me up by my hair again and literally dragged me up the steps. I was too tired and defeated to move so I let him. He opened my door and shoved me inside, my head hit the side of my dresser pretty hard. My vision blurred as new amount of pain went through me.

"That should teach you a fucking lesson fag! Do you still feel like fucking a boy? HUH! DO YA!" He yelled. I shook my head lightly as my entire body was spiraling out of control. Satisfied with his work, he slammed my door shut.

I collapsed into the floor as my body couldn't hold me up anymore. I was in too much pain to do anything. My head throbbed and my stomach hurt like hell.

My phone buzzed.

I weakly took it out and stared at it.

It was Jungkook.

I desperately tried to text him back, but I was so tired and weak that I slipped into my own darkness and my phone fell next me, the message still unread

--**--

A/N: Child abuse is not something to ignore. Please take this into consideration. I'm not glorifying such themes but this is something that happens everyday behind closed doors.