Ch 10: Jungkook

I couldn't stop smiling all the way home. 

All I could think about was hanging out with Jimin and Jisoo.

Especially Jimin 

My cousin noticed my upbeat attitude as I entered the house. "You made some new friends I see." He beamed. He was in the kitchen with Namjoon, both were making dinner.

"Yeah, they are pretty cool." I said, walking over to the counter. "So what's for dinner?" I asked.

"Oh, just some steak and mashed potatoes." Jin replied. "Dinner will be ready in an hour. Go wash up until then." He added.

I nodded in response and ran up to my room. I dropped my bag and immediately took out my phone and saw that I had three text messages from three different numbers.

Jisoo

"Hey!!! Its me, Jisoo! I'm that gothic chick that hangs out with Jimin!! Hey are you gay by any chance? If so then don't tell JIMIN!! I want it to be a surprise!!"

I laughed at the first text.

Me:

" Yeah I'm gay. Why do you want it to be a surprise?"

As I waited I checked my other text. It was from Taehyung.

Taehyung:

"Jungkook! The gang and I are going to hit up the arcade this Saturday, you coming through?"

I let out a sigh. I really didn't want to hang out with him. 

Me: 

"Sorry, I have some business to attend to. Maybe some other time."

Taehyung:

"Bummer...oh well. TTYL8R"

I then read my last message. My heart light up.

Jimin:

"Hey Jungkook....its Jimin. Umm...how are you? Umm...I can't wait to hang out this Friday."

I smiled like a little girl and texted him back.

Me:

"Hey Jimin, I'm so glad you texted me. You looked like you were upset when I gave you my number :/ Anyways, I'm also excited to hang out. Oh and to tell you the truth, I don't like those jocks. I see their mouths moving but I don't hear anything coming out. You should use that advice next time they bother you."

My phone buzzed, another message came through. It was from Jisoo.

Jisoo:

"Duh! Jimin likes you!! He won't come out and admit it, but I know he does. He thinks you're straight, but I assure him you're gay!"

I almost fell to the floor laughing. So the gothic chick is the only one who knows I'm gay. Nice.

Me:

"Alright, I'll tell him when we meet up. I sort of like him too. He seems sweet."

My phone buzzed again. It was Jimin.

Jimin:

"Jungkook, I wasn't mad. I was just...not in my head. I'm glad you gave us your number. You're new here and you deserve a lot of friends. You're a nice guy. I have to go now. I'll see you later."

My heart sunk as he told me he had to go. But I couldn't help but smile.

 He said I deserve friends. He's the only one who ever said that.

My phone buzzed once again.

Jisoo:

"OMG!!! I know! He may act all gloomy but deep down he's as sweet as honey! LMAO I gotta go! See you in math tomorrow!!"

I closed my phone and placed it on my side table. That was my first text conversation since coming here. I felt bored since dinner would be ready for an hour so I decided to call my parents. I dialed their number and as I waited, my mom picked up.

"Hello?" she replied, her soft voice was heartwarming to hear.

"Hey mom, it's Jungkook." I said.

"Oh! Jungkook!! How are you!!? Is everything alight? How is school? Did you make any friends?" she was asking a lot of questions at once.

"Mom! Slow down." I chuckled. " Yeah, everything is alright. School is great and I made some friends." I replied.

"Oh, that's wonderful dear. Your father and I are always thinking of you. Your friend Bam Bam stopped by looking for you. We told him you were in Buasn but we didn't mention the other issue." She said.

Thanks mom...you always know how to make me feel better...

"Thanks. I don't think I'm ready to tell him just yet." I said, looking down to my feet.

My mom stood silent on the phone, her soft breathing reminded me of a lullaby. "Jungkook, I love you." she said.

My heart began to swell up.

"I love you too mom. I'll talk to you soon." I replied as the tears threatened to escape.

"Okay...stay well." She said before hanging up.

I just stated at my phone as the tears slid down my cheeks. Every time I hear those three words, I feel like its my last day on this earth.

My phone buzzed again, it was another text message from Jimin.

Jimin: 

"About your advice. Thank you. I really appreciate you being nice to me. I'll take it to heart next time those douche bags decide to pick on me."