Be my angel

Andie took several hundred dollars that Catarina had left herm she and Davis went out to find her new glasses or contacts. After an exam she was given a new look, contacts. She took a look at herself finally not hidden behind the romance repellors. 

"Wow what a difference,"said Davis. "You look amazing without those things, it's the best thing you could do for yourself, now lets do something with that hair."

"Like what?" she asked.

"Like some nice highlights around your face, we got nothing to do."

They went to a salon down the street, Davis carefully inspected the hair of the women working and was in love with the look of of one of the stylists. Loose, bouncy, shiny dark hair, with golden streaks.

"There." He pointed. "Just like her."

"Excuse me, can you tell me who did your hair?" Davis asked the receptionist.

"I did,'' came a voice from behind them, an older woman, nothing like the girls that worked the front,  nothing fancy to look at and didn't look like she took customers. "I own the salon, I do all my girls hair. Can I help you?"

"Yes you can." He stepped aside and showed her Andie.

"Oh my, you need me! I can do the same for you as I did for Charlene. Would you like that look"

"Yes we would." Answered Davis.

"Now?" Andie asked?

"Right now." Said Davis. He shoved her to a chair not letting her move as the woman took over.

"I will be back. Ta," He kissed her on the forehead. And headed out.

The woman began working on her hair, taking rows of it, applying the highlighter and wrapping it up in foil. She set her under a dryer and waited for the timer to click. Once it did she rinsed combed it out. As the woman fussed over her she listened to the girls chatter about this one and that one and, then she heard them going on about a crazy story about a vampire. A vampire named Marcus. Hanging around the college terrorizing the girls there, the police were notified and had no idea where to start looking.

''What does this, uh, vampire man look like?" Asked Andie.

"Dark thick curled hair, a face like a god, a real handsome devil. He was not a nice man, and scared the girls, even bit several of them, so the story went. He didn't kill them, just bit them." The woman answered.

"Is there any real proof this happened?" Asked Andie. As the woman dried her hair.

"I don't know, but usually there is some truth to every rumor around here, supposedly his name is Marcus." The woman told her.

Geez, they are invading the city. she thought to herself, not mentioning she had one who was madly in love with her. But he was not dark haired, though he was just as beautiful as the one described by the girls, could there be more of them she thought?

Davis stormed back in all excited at the sight of her.

"My lord, did you see yourself?" He asked her. Like a real cosmo girl, even better! We gotta keep you away from the windows tonight!" They headed out.

They shopped for food and stocked up for the next few days. It was getting late, soon it would be dark. They rushed through the streets thinking they could beat the nightfall but they were wrong. The street lamps came on, the sun was gone.

"Sissy we got to get a cab, we cant walk from here, if he is out he will get to us."

Looking around there was no cab in sight. "keep walking!" He said to her.