The Sacrifice

By the time they reached the queen her tent was set up and she was seated inside. Waiting for them to enter. Staring at maps, placing her armies in locations as she studied the drawn out lands of the Pendana. Andie entered first, running to Catarina arms open waiting to embrace her.

''Andie, my dear sweet child. I am so upset to see you here.,'' she said as she hugged her. Then she turned to Lucas, he expected her to scold him, but she did not. Instead she gestured for him to sit at her table and go over her plans.

''Majesty, I am sorry. I failed.'' He said, with his head down in shame. He did not waste a second, he headed to the table.

''Do not take the blame for this mess, it was my fault. I am at fault, not you, not Andie, not any of you. I should have been aggressive and taken Sloane and Benjamin years ago. It is my fault they lead an army twice the size of ours,'' she said.

''What? Twice the size of this one?'' Asked Andie. Her heart sunk and squashed her hopes. Lucas flinched at her words, this was not what he expected.

''Yes, it is only now that we have learned how massive the Easterland armies are, and they do not follow Sloane, it is her son Benjamin, he is the one they follow here. Lucas, the battle will be a massacre, a slaughter. I need a new set of eyes on this map, a way around the numbers, any advantage we can find. As he was about to answer Andie cut him off.

''He wants something, he wants a peace treaty, he wants to divide the Kingdom.'' She said.

''I don't suppose we have a choice, if he wants to talk about peace, a treaty I will have no choice but to give in to him. Catarina said. 

Davis, Raymond and Lighting opened the lined tent and entered, listening quietly to Andie explain to Catarina.

''He wants something else too, me.'' Andie said. Letting out a deep breath of disbelief that she was even a thought in this war.

''No. he cant just have someone, he cannot do these things!" Catarina spat angrily as she scanned her maps.

''Let me take Andie and the others away, now before the battle starts, I can return before nightfall and fight.'' Begged Lucas.

''Wait, I said no. I wont leave you here, it wont happen Lucas, so don't even suggest it.''

''Andie this is not out war, not our world even, let him take you home, get out of here before the shit hits the fan, please lets go home, Catarina make her go home.'' Insisted Davis.

''Davis, if Benjamin wins we wont have a home, will we?'' She looked at Cat for an answer.

''No, if he wins and he has a very good chance at it, we are terribly outnumbered, he will cross over into the human world.'' She said.

''Then let him, as I have always said, let him find out about the humans and the weapons they have, let them find out how far technology has come and how much damage the mortals can do!" Answered Lucas.

''What? You cant be serious, these things cant happen Lucas, many people will die. You cant mean that!'' Said Andie. Her mind horrified at the thought of these creatures crossing into the human world.

''Lucas, that is unacceptable, we cannot allow them to cross over, we have discussed this. There is no reason to think he is unaware of the humans and what they are capable of, he is extremely smart Lucas, he has probably already a plan in place, if he did enter the human world with his armies. Don't underestimate him. And don't overestimate the humans, this is a disaster. She said, lowering herself into her seat, her head down and hand wiping her brow.

''Are you alright Catarina.'' Adnie rushed to her side and held her hand.

''Are you alright, dear Andie, I know he had you, did he harm you?" She asked.