I'm Listening

Davis hit the buzzer, a voice came on that sounded familiar, but it was not Arthur.

"Hello, this is Davis in the west wing guest suite. I need to speak to Arthur. I have been waiting for over an hour for my full length mirror."

"And you shall continue to wait."

"Excuse me? Who is this?"

"It's the man paying for all your ridiculous requests." Andie's eyes lit up, she ran to the speaker wanting to ask him where he was, when he was coming back, what he was doing, but she was quiet as she listened to him scold Davis.

"Are you enjoying your stay Davis? Do you realize in the 12 hours you have been here, you have run my staff ragged? Author is done taking requests. Two other staff members are scratched to pieces, by your so called friendly cats. And I also have here a list of items, totalling six thousand dollars. Not to mention a treadmill, which is now stuck in the receiving room doorway."

"Ridiculous? Oh really, let me tell you something about ridiculous! It's you out the window all hot and bothered over Andie. Draggin her outside, flying around like you are superman or something then locking us up in here. Why couldn't you mind your own damn vampire business! "Come to me my love." He said making fun of him. "You chasing her, that's ridiculous. That's why we stuck in here!"

Lucas didn't answer, he had turned off the intercom.

Davis continued to slam the buzzer, as Andie stewed over him not asking about her.

"Well, he could of at least asked how I was." Stomping around, stepping over the mess on the floor. "I hate him!"

"That motherfucker hung up on me! He asked for this. I want my stuff!" He continued to pound the buzzer.

"I need a hot bath. Maybe a nice drowning!" She locked herself in the bathroom, ran the bath and could not hear what was about to come over the intercom. Davis continued pounding on the buzzer.

Lucas, tired of listening to the buzzing sound, slammed the intercom off the wall, leaving the sound of open air and a conversation that Davis overheard.

"Dear Lord Sir, are you alright?" Asked Arthur.

Lucas was embarrassed. His personal life being blabbed over the intercom to his staff. And he was guilty of what Davis had said, all of it. If he had stayed away and just watched over her as Cat had asked, she would have gone unnoticed by Sloane.

"It's nothing Arthur, let him stew a bit and then give him what he asked for. But be reasonable, do not let him drive you crazy."

"Lucas, my Lord, I have known you for a very long time, I know when something is bothering you. I have to admit I have not known you to flounder over a woman, but it is clear to me that is exactly what is happening, and sir this is not nothing. This girl, she is special to you. No need to hide that from me. Let me try to help you with her."

He poured his heart out to Arthur, and would have to anyone that would listen, not knowing Davis was also listening. He had held it in fought it off and when he did try to tell the only person that mattered, he was rejected, slapped and insulted. He needed to get it off his chest. He explained the love potion, the antidote, and how he is still madly in love with her and yet he is cured.

"She delights me, in every way. Her face, eyes, hair, her heart, her voice, what she says, most of what she says, when she isn't telling me she hates me. Even when she hates me she is adorable. I cannot be without her. It may sound silly to you, coming from me. But it is the truth."

"Oh it is not silly, if you love her. The others and there have been a few." He raised his brow. "I am not unaware of the comings and goings around here. These other women, did you care for them like this girl?"