jimmy lightning

Davis waited for a response from Julian. He was not saying a word just staring at him.

''You have no escort and no payment. I cannot let you pass. Perhaps you should wait for Lucas.''

''Wait, we have payment, Raymond, pay the man,'' He smiled and poked Raymond with his elbow.''

''Oh, yeah we, we have some cash." He opened Lucas's wallet, both of them peered inside to see how much money he had. There were several hundreds and fifties. A bank card and many credit cards.

''How much to pass?" Smiled Davis.

''No little one, not that kind of payment. I require special consideration. And as I have said you have no escort.''

''I got them, I can take them with me.'' Came a shaken voice as the wall opened behind them.

There in the light of the many oil lamps, stood the man called Jimmy Lightning.

He jerked back and forth and swayed shaking his head in all directions, mumbling as he did.

''You got cash, how much?'' He asked.

Davis watched Lightning, as he shook in all directions, his shoulders rolling, his face up and down eyes all over trying to speak to them.

''What the matter with you man? You all over the place? You got some kind of issue we should know about?''

''You want to cross over or not?'' He asked.

''Maybe we should be waiting for Lucas.'' Suggested Raymond.

''How much money you want? We got four hundred dollars.'' Answered Davis.

''Where you wanna go?'' He said staggering around them.

''Where do we wanna go? Davis asked Julian. To the Wellspring? Is that what you said?"

''Correct, to the Wellspring.'' Answered Julian.

''Yeeooow, I can do that. Four hundred cash for the both of you. Deal.'' He reached his hand out to shake his with Davis, he bobbed up and down and swayed. Davis had to move along with him to catch his hand. 

''Slow down man, I cant even get a grip. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

''I got shakes, bends, from being here in this world. Lets go.''

Julian stood up, handling his sword carefully and directing Davis come forward. "A payment, I require something from you little one.'' He said to Davis

''Oh jesus lord almighty."' Said Davis, he shook his head in horror looking at the giant ox before him. 

''I want that.'' Julian pointed to the long black haired wig.

''This? This? You got it girlfriend!" Davis promptly placed the wig on Jillian's enormous head, between the horns setting the best he could with a hair pin. 

''You look lovely.'' Said Davis. Lying right to him, he looked ridiculous. ''Dont he look lovely?" Smiled Davis, looking at Raymond for support.

''Sure, yes, it, suits you, the highlights bring out your eyes.'' Raymond added.

 Julian stepped back, a giant smile on his face. ''You really think so?" He toyed with the long curls that fell just to his chin.

''You look so lovely.'' Said Davis, grabbing Raymond's gesturing they were ready to go.

''To the Wellspring, you go.'' The wall moved and a world unlike anything they ever saw opened up before them. They followed the staggering Jimmy Lightning as he walked through to the other side.

''What the fuck is this place?'' Asked Davis.

''This is Heidorn, you are where you wanted to go, this is the Wellspring.'' Answered Lighting, still staggering and shaking.

''Uh, its not what I expected, where is everything?" Asked Davis.

''Everything what? Like back where you came from? This is a different world you dope, didn't you know this before you walked in?"

''Hey, don't call him names.'' Raymond defended Davis.

''Listen up, I got you in, pay me, and go on your way.'' Lightning told them.

''Pay the man Ray.''

Raymond opened the wallet and removed four crisp, one hundred dollar bills. ''How much to help us find someone?" Raymond asked.

''Maybe we should just stay here and wait for Lucas to come.'' Advised Davis.

''You wont see him, these gates open in all places, he might be miles ahead of you, or behind you.''

''How much to help us find someone?" Davis asked.

'''Two hundred a day, from each of you. That's two hundred right now.'' Answered Lightning.''

''OK deal, hand him the the two hundred." Stressed Davis, realizing lighting had made a mistake.

Raymond pulled out another two hundred and handed it to Lightning. 

''Who you looking for?'' Lighting asked.

''A woman named Sloane, and a man named Benjamin, you know them?" Asked Davis.

Lightning face showed he knew exactly who they were talking about. ''That is one crazy lady you want to find, and her son, he is a madman. You sure you want to find them? You might as well jump off into the ocean, and let the mermaids take you.'' Answered Lightning.

''Yeah that is who we want to find, and what mermaids? You mean real life mermaids are in there?'' Davis said, looking into the ocean.

Lightning tried to light a cigarette, but his hands and eyes were not in agreement. Davis stepped in and held the lighter for him, as tiny raindrops began to fall.

''Lets go, its starting to rain, the sun is out, this is never good, lets move. Fast away from the cliffs.''

They followed the swagger and sway of Lightning, into the woods away from the cliffs and out of the rain. 

Lucas stood outside the wall pounding to be let in, but he knew there was no way Julian could hear him and even if he did, the door did not open that way. He sat against the wall, waiting for another traveler to open it. Steaming with every second that he lost waiting for someone. The idiots had no idea what they were doing, he could only hope they didn't find their way into the gates and if they did Julian would do his job and hold them. He heard the crack of the opening to the tombs someone was coming. He finally had a chance to get inside. 

 ******Please dont forget to vote!*****

And please check out my other stories, Kings and Queens, fantasty love story, it is not a comedy.  If you want more comedy with some really dark drama and twists please check out Lipstick. Please comment and vote if you like!

''