War of the worlds

Sloane managed to cross back into Hiedorn, she waited for Benjamin at the place she was told to go. Pendana. Benjamin, now more interested in Andie was miles away in the Wellspring. He knew Sloane wanted to kill her, in front of Lucas of course, but still, he could not take the chance she would see Andie, and attempt to kill her right away. This would mean a fight with her, both verbal and physical. Not the life he wanted to present to his now Queen. Not what he promised her.

He was maniacal, but had a gentle side which he immersed on Andie. She followed him freely, he believed she was compelled, she followed only because she had no other choice. She had figured out how why. In the car, after they escaped the mansion, she remembered Davis saying they could not be compelled or bitten. Grateful for that, though well aware she had to keep Benjamin from finding out.

They were high on the cliffs of Wellspring, she could hear the ocean below, she stepped close to the edge to have a look.

"Be careful love, I cannot fly off and save you here." He said as he took her arm and walked her to a safe distance.

''You cant?" She asked him.

''Not here, not in Heidorn. We lack many of the abilities we have in your world. We walk in the sun, feed on blood still, but there are some things we cannot do here. Others we do just as well, he grinned. This world is very different than yours, the composition of molecules which i do not fully understand, nor want to. Somehow this keeps us from doing certain things." He said to her.

''Like what?' She asked him.

''Darling, do you want me to show you all my secrets?" He smiled slyly to her.

She fumbled with an answer. He was implying more than what she wanted to know, and she had to be careful not to open that can of worms. He thought she would do whatever he wanted, she needed to avoid that.

"Of course not, mystery is so enticing.''She smiled. Holding his arm in hers.

From the cliffs she saw several heads popping up in the water, some blonde headed, some pink, purple, red, all colors all long haired. Their bodies glistening like fish.

''What is that?'

''That is not a what, that is a who. Those are mermaids, like the legends told in your world. They are vicious and dangerous creatures. They rule the sea. We have to be very careful when traveling by boat, they can swarm and take over a ship if it is not big enough to scare them off." He answered.

''They are mermaids? For real?" She stepped closer to have a look.

"Are they beautiful?"

''Yes, very, both are beautiful." He said to her.

''Both?''

''Male and female, they look very similar, very feminine."

''I feel like I am dreaming, like I have lost my mind. How is any of this even possible?" She asked confused.

''Here anything is possible, we are in the world of magic, where all of the creatures in your world that are myths and legends, here are real.''

"And what about the Queen, Catarina?"

''Yes, the one you know as Catarina, she is a very old and powerful woman, a witch and a fae.''

''How, why? Why was she in my world? How did she live there and here?"

''She can do anything she wants, she has a lot of power and with power she has options Andie. She like many others, live in both worlds. Lucas chose to leave Heidorn for the pursuit of material wealth, as did his brother. Their sister, my mother, had another purpose in life. You see there is much unrest in this beautiful world. There are tribes and covens of all kinds, some lower, some higher, much like your world. Those that are more advanced are at an advantage, they can do as they like. Meanwhile the lower covens stay lower."

''Why is your mother after me?"

'' My mother, married Zeb. Known to the lower Covens as the one day King and ruler of Hiedorn. But he was from the lower covens, never to be truly considered for such a role unless he took it. And he would of taken it. But Lucas and the Queens army destroyed all that. My mother has been waiting for a chance to repay him for all the pain he has caused her, and so many others.

"Yes, But why now, why me?"

''He loves you. He had no weakness until you."

''This sounds very political and something like that usually never ends well, at least not in my world."

"No it never does end well, does it. But it will end eventually wont it."

''With me and Lucas dead.''

''No, not you Andie, just him.'' He smiled. An answer that made her heart drop.

''Why cant there be more than one ruler? One for the lower and one for the upper? Cant there be some reasonable solution?'' She asked. Smiling at him adoringly.

''The lower covens are a bit unruly, even I must admit, there are a lot of the more dangerous creatures there, ones not so gentle to the humans. They want to enter your world. I do not like the idea since I am fond of some humans. I was a human. Though it is not fair that some enter and some do not. And your world is full of humans with no respect for their own kind, it will serve them well to see what true horror is.

Andie listened to Benjamin talk. He was going to kill Lucas, unleash hell on earth, and expect her to be watching with a stupid smile on her face. That just wasn't going to happen.

Sorry this is a short chapter. I had been writing one and it went poof, gone, see ya. The next one will be the typical 2-3 pages. Have a great weekend. Stay safe! And please dont forget to vote!