Pickpocketing idiots!

Davis was sure Lucas had given in and was going to take him to Heidorn. They drove through the city, heading to the cemetery. The gates locked. Lucas parked across the street in front of a park which bordered the opposite side of the road. 

''What are you doing? Why are we stopping here?'' Asked Davis.

''I have to visit a friend before we leave.'' He explained. He was going to leave them in the car and not come back. From here Davis could find his way back to his own apartment and Lucas could go home.

''A friend? In the cemetery? Oh that's right  you vampires hang out in there" Davis said annoyed.

''Something like that, please just wait here, this is important.'' He insisted. And got out.

''Something stinks Raymond.'' Said Davis.

''Its not me.'' Replied Raymond.

''No, I mean with Lucas, he is lying to me. I can tell.''

''Phew, I mean I cleaned up and cant get a break, we all smell bad from being in this car. It really does stink in here."

"Lets get out and see where he went." Davis said, opening the door and walking to the other side of the road where Lucas had sped off.

They went into the cemetery, the moon was shining bright and it was well lit up, light reflected off the headstones. They followed a path, not a sign of Lucas.

''I know where he went. I have seen them do this before, and I know he needs this.'' He held out his hand and showed Davis the pocket watch he had lifted off Lucas.

''Whats that? Did you steal that Raymond?" Davis scolded him.

''I cant help it, it's an old habit, hard to break ya know?"

''Well as long as it is an old habit you are trying to break. I can forgive you. And if he needs that, even better, he has to come back for us. And he is gonna be pissed off, even better. So what does it do? Why does he need it?" Asked Davis.

''They go down into a tomb, way back there, we have to walk, might even pass him on his way back to us.'' Explained Raymond.

''How do you know all this? 

''I sleep here sometimes.'' I see them all the time. I followed one of them into the tombs before I knew what they were.''

They headed to the tombs, passing a few drunks leaned agianst the headstones. They watched for Lucas to make his way back. But there was no sign of him. 

''There, look, see there is a tiny light you can see in the crack, on the front, look in there, see it is all lit up.''

''Lets go, he must be in there.''

They walked into the tombs, it was well lit with oil lamps, they headed to the end to the wall where the pocket watch would open it. Raymond held his hand out to Davis, handing him the watch. He pressed it in and the wall opened.

Both of them stood back shocked at what was in front of them. The monstrous Julian.

''Come forward." Said the growling voice of Julian. From where he stood, he could see the two of them, clinging onto each other in fear.

''Don't be afraid little ones, come in, this is the only way to Heidorn. That is where you want to go isnt it?"

Davis clung to Raymond, unsure of what he was looking at, but he heard Heidorn and that was what he wanted to hear more than anything.

''Hello, I, I, I, want to go to Heidorn.'' Davis said stuttering.

''Come forward then, please, let me have a look at you.'' Julian said in the most gentle voice he could manage.

''Is Lucas here?'' Asked Davis.

''Lucas Barrington?'' Asked Julian.

''Yes, that one, him. Is he here?''

''No, Lucas has not been here this evening. If he is heading home to Heidron he will come.''

''We will wait for him, if that is OK? What is that you have in your hand? Is that a sword?'' Raymond asked panicked.

''This is the key, haven't you see this before? When you came through from Heidorn?''

''Yes, yes, he forgot don't mind him, he is an idiot, ignore him.''Davis smiled trying to cover up for the fact they had no idea what they were doing.

''I don't remember seeing you before.'' Julian said, as he eyed Davis like Candy.

''I was , I was, I was not wearing my wig, probably.'' He ripped the wig off hoping to settle matter.

''Oh no I would have remembered you, you are a cute one aren't you." Julian smiled. His green teeth dripping with drool.

''Oh god!" Davis gasped, and held his hand to his mouth.

''What is it little one, do I scare you?''

''Uh, no, its not you, uh, uh, its the smell in here.'' He stuttered, hoping to not offend the giant man, crossed with an ox, possibly turtle, standing in front of him.

''Oh yes, the foul smelling human girl, she came through here and the place still stinks.'' He answered.

Davis lit up at the thought he be talking about Andie.

''Was she pretty, long dark hair, big green eyes? He asked, then added. "And yeah, she stinks." 

Raymond, tugged on Davis's Jacket. He spotted the cat poop, with treads from Andies shoes.

''There, she was here.''

''She was as you say, came in with a vampire taking her to the Wellspring, then off to the Queen.''

"Wellspring and the Queen, sounds good, we want to go there right now.'' Insisted Davis.

''Aren't we gonna wait for Lucas?" Asked Raymond, concerned they were going alone.

''No, who knows where he went, maybe buying some more meatballs, or crack. Lets move this shit along. We would like to go, now please." Davis said to the ox man, smiling and waiting for a response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas was furious, he searched his Cadillac for the pocket watch, there was no sign of it or Davis and Raymond. He had no idea where they had gone too, did they go look for him? Did they wander off? Did someone grab them? He had no idea. He knew one thing for sure Raymond lifted his wallet and pocket watch. How? He did not know. The guy was a master pick pocket and he had his key to enter the tombs. Could they have figured it out? Were they there right now? Would Julian let them pass? They had no bribes, it was not possible, surely the old ox would figure out they were humans, traveling alone with no escorts, and have no business going to Heidorn.

 ''IDIOTS!' Yelled Lucas. Racing back to the tombs. 

''