Relativity

"Are you still thinking about her," asked Cat

"I was, but only a fleeting thought, possibly it is wearing off. Maybe not.  I cannot know for sure until I see her. I have another matter to discuss with you. My sister, Sloane."

"What of her?"

"Marcus told me she has been spotted in New York. Were you aware she left Heidorn?"

"I was informed that she was missing, not aware she was in the other world. This cannot be good. She is desperate to open the gates and flood it with the Easterland covens. And Benjamin, has he escaped as well?"She asked.

"I have not heard any news of that monster, perhaps this is something you should monitor closely,"

"If she did manage to lead the covens into the other world, Cat, really, besides the obvious, we would be exposed, it may be to our benefit."

"Ridiculous Lucas. Unthinkable."

"Let's say she did succeed, lets say the thousands crossed into the other world, attacking whomever was unfortunately roaming at the hour they arrive. Do you think the humans would be so easily rolled over? Think about their technology, guns, large guns, able to blast them into pieces, air strikes, tanks, bombs, it would not bode well for the invaders. Let them have a taste of the mortal world in this century. See they are not fragile as they once were."

With a wrinkled brow, deep in thought, she responded."A slaughter with many consequences, exposure, then panic. We would not be safe there any longer, The food supply in peril, do you see any possible recovery? Never, the humans would not only fear us, they will hate us, seek us out and kill all, even you. It is not an option. It would only reduce the coven's numbers, many would retreat home, only to try to invade again. No Sloane must be returned, sentenced and then I am sorry to say, executed. She is far too gone for redemption. And you are too much of a lover of battle."

Lucas did not flinch at her words, or the thought of his sister gone, she was not who he remembered. And she wanted him dead. He fought in the war, started by her husband Zeb, to blast into the other world. At the time Lucas was the general of the Queens army, A knight who lived and served the queen. He was the one who took down Sloane's beloved, as she watched and pleaded for his life. Lucas did not spare him death, or her the sight of his head taken from him. She wanted revenge, death and suffering for what happened. He agreed, He would do the deed himself if needed.

"Can you? Are you truly so cold inside, after all she was, is your sister."

"She is a monster, a black hearted sliver of who I once knew. I can, and will do what is needed, as I always did as a knight of the queen."

"Is there any chance she has caught wind of your affections for Andie?"

"No, Marcus has sniffed that out unfortunately, but he has as much to lose with her running free. He would not be so stupid. And if this potion worked, once I return the girl will simply be a human girl nothing more. Right?" He asked.

"Of course." She smiled."Just a girl. One that you will keep safe. Look after her, take her away from the city until Sloane is found if you must."

"I will do as you ask, keep her safe." How do I keep keep her safe from me. He thought about his vow to not touch her.

"One more thing, the two of them in desperation searched for another potion, and found one marked 00."

She jumped to her feet. "Get that away from them, it is not simply a potion. Oh dear, this can be a mess if they use that, oh dear god, the two of them. Go return at once! Use the eye as soon as it is safe to return. Get that potion. Keep it away from them!"