I hate myself for lovin you!

Andie had returned to work, Davis accompanied her. The Café was quiet, just a few regulars at the bar, each one having said a kind word about Andies new look. Davis had finished his dinner and was on his fifth cocktail, feeling a little drunk.

"I don't understand something." He said to Andie.

"What." She said. Her arms extended over the bar, head leaned against one as they talked.

"Where is the creeper? I mean if he loved me like he said why, where, do you think it wore off?"

"Are your feelings hurt? She laughed at him.

"Nope, its fine by me, I got plenty of admirers." He said. Scanning the bar and there were none. "I seem to have misplaced them is all." He giggled.

As they chatted the door opened a handsome man walked in. Alone. Dressed in black. A long black coat flowed as he strolled in. His hair dark, pulled back in a tail.

"Be right back." She headed to him, greeting him with a smile and hello.

"What can I get for you." She said.

The man smiled at her in a devilish manner, scanning her as she stood over his table. He saw she was nervous as he looked her over.

"Hello, Dewar's neat, Please." He answered.

She nodded and walked to the bar, looking back sensing his eyes on her as she did.

"There is one for you Sissy." Davis said as she walked by him.

"No, he is kind of scary."

"But he don't bite that's a step in the right direction.'

She made his drink and walked back to the table, dropped a napkin placed his drink down and asked if he needed a menu.

"This depends, are you on the menu?"

Ugh she thought, quite possibly the very worst line, ever, ever said, to a waitress.

'Sorry.' He smiled. "I could not resist. I do not need a menu, this is fine. I was just teasing you." He could see she had been immediately turned off by his answer. "If you don't mind I think I will take my drink to the bar, no need to take up a table.'

'Sure.' She said.

Making her way ahead of him she walked by Davis. "look out, this one is a real winner."

Davis turned as the man placed his drink down at the seat next to him.

"Hello" Davis said.

"Good evening" The man answered him.

Davis thought about the vampire Lucas saying the same thing. "Good evening". He wondered if maybe somehow it was another vampire? Something about the man made the hair on his arms stand straight up.

Sitting close to them, they decided to not talk much, he was listening to them. But why? They each thought.

They have nothing to say, I had better make another approach, one not so bold. Marcus thought to himself.

"Is it always this quiet?" Marcus said to them.

"No, should fill in soon." Are you a local?'

"No, I was here visiting my brother."

"You have a different accent, where you from? Asked Davis.

"New York. My brother Lucas, he owns quite a bit of real estate here, thought we might venture into a deal together."

At that second Andie knew exactly what brother he was talking about, this was Marcus, the one she had heard about. Handsome, dark, the biter. She didn't let on she knew, she tried to avoid eye contact and walked away. She wrote a fast note to Davis on his bill. Explaining the man was a vampire and not to make eye contact with him.

Trying to figure out how to slip it to him she tried to distract the man, asking him if would like another drink which he said no.Good. She thought.He is leaving.

She slipped the bill to Davis.

"Am I leaving?" He asked her, surprised to see a bill in front of him..

The vampire took his last sip. Davis had the bill in his hand, when Marcus reached over and took it away. Davis about to stand up and take it back when Marcus pushed down on his shoulder forcing him to sit.

"Oh shit." He said. Sitting down, his back facing the man.

He read the note. "You are a clever girl aren't you? I knew my brother was wrong about you. Seems he thinks you to be a mindless idiot of sorts. Hurting her feelings with his words.

"An idiot, mindless? Oh really? Her tone nasty, eyes upset.

"Don't get me wrong, he did find you attractive in a way, I think he used the word pathetic to describe you several times. Seems he likes to toy with mortal women." Smiling, as he cut her to pieces.

"Look motherfucker, we don't care what he thinks, who he is, or who you are. Just have your drink and leave us the fuck alone. Davis said to him.

"I came to give you a bit of advice dear girl, stay away from my brother. He only wants one thing from you, and it isn't going to have a happy ending. Also, be aware there is a woman looking for both you and my brother. A woman by the name of Sloane, you can thank Lucas for that. My brother needs to be made of aware of this. But he is unreachable at the moment. I am doing him a favor and you a favor by warning you. Warning you about both of them. Whatever game he is paying with you, know it's a game. Seducing mortal women is just a sport to him. He will only hurt you, or worse." He said. As the smile left his face.

He stood up, grabbed a hundred dollar bill from his pocket and dropped it with both bar tabs by his empty glass. Then walked out. He was dancing in his head, knowing his brother had such genuine affections for this girl. Setting him back from his prize. All the doubt in her head and now this. All the amusement to be had, if he could only watch Lucas try to undo the damage the words, mindless, idiot and pathetic had caused.

"I hate him, mindless idiot, pathetic?' She cried. 'He made a fool out of me, the potion, it didn't effect him and he let me, let me think and he was going to, oh god! Oh god." She said.

'Look Sissy, these are freaks, dead freaks. What did you expect? And you didn't do anything, he is a real piece of shit for that game he played with you. Don't these creatures of the night have better things to do?"

"I am going to punch him in the face." She said.

'Let's go, I got a bad feeling, tell Billy your feeling sick, whatever you have to say. Let's get out there while there is still a lot of traffic we can get lost in. Before Lucas comes around, before whoever else is after us comes around."

Her mind was racing, she took her bag, walked to Billy and told him she was leaving, not asking telling.

'lets go." She headed out the door, Davis stumbled behind.

I have a nice plan, a little payback for him, we shall see who the mindless idiot is!"

****Psst.... Please don't forget to vote!:)****