All mixed up

Andie sat on the couch, with the gowns, and cats. Davis sitting with her trying to apologize. She was not hearing it.

''You have no right, I am an adult, you treat me like he does, like I am an idiot and now your prisoner too."

''Andie, you serious? I was just trying to protect you, remember girl, I am a nurse. I know where the important body parts are and his were hanging out. I did you a favor, what if he died and that was the last thing you saw of him?''

''I looked like a fool on the floor, my dress was a wreck , my hair. We looked like two idiots rolling around out there."

''No you didn't." Came a voice from the open door. It was Lucas, he was listening to them.''I'm sorry to be eavesdropping on your conversation, it seems to be a bit of a problem around here." He said looking at Davis.

Andie stood up, fixed her dress and looked at him with her bloodshot eyes and running mascara.

''You look much better, are you going to be OK?'' She asked him.

''Good as new, may I come in?''

''No, you may not.'' Said Davis. ''We are having a discussion as you know."

''Davis go lock yourself in the bathroom. Just for an hour, not too long." He was sorry to do it but he needed to see Andie.

''Fuck you Lucas and your vampire bullshit!" Screamed Davis as he locked himself in the bathroom.

''I do not mean to compel him, but he would never cooperate. Can I come in Andie?''

''Can I come out? Can I walk around, get away from this mess for a little while? Would that be too much to ask?''

''Yes, please, whatever you want.' He held his hand to her, she walked by not taking it, out the door.

Feeling rejected he pulled away, gestured for her to walk towards the back, to the other side of the house.

''Where are we going, I feel like this is a maze.'

''Would you like to go outside, to the gardens, its a nice night, lots of stars, the moon is full.Does that suit you Andie?'

''Yes, I would like that.''

He took her outside to the gardens, rocks and and statues lined the paths as they walked. He was staring at her, waiting for her to talk, to say anything. He would even accept her hatred only to hear her voice.

''What happened to you, how did you get hurt? How is that you could die? She asked him.

''I saw Sloane, she fights dirty, stabbed me, used silver. I was going to kill her and she nearly killed me.

''kill her, yes that is what you do isn't it. Kill.''

''No, no, I rarely kill, not now, not anymore things are different, I, we don't, she is a monster.'' He sounded like a monster too. Being a killer surely is not the kind of man this girl wants in her life. He said to himself as he stuttered with his words. She looked disgusted.

''Why does she want to hurt me?''

''Because she knows how I feel about you.''

''Ahh, the game, we are still playing are we?''

''No, this is not a game. Why would I take you here, to protect you? Why would I go looking for Sloane? Why? Do you not see it Andie? I did everything for you. I went to Cat, she undid the potion, or not, if it ever was the potion. I don't know, I don't think it was. I cant stand being away from you, to have you look at me and reject me, to refuse my hand when I offer it to you."