My crush with eyeliner

Lucas returned to the closed window. Sealed shut behind curtains and what looked like an added blanket that he could not see through. Both windows covered, a sliver of sight across the top, where Davis could not reach. He was able to look in. Andie lay across Davis's chest, an easily recognized bottle of 1800 lay on the floor open, empty. A box of chocolates, empty. A container of ice cream, empty, and a half eaten bag of chips.

Looks like they had a pity party he thought to himself. Right now he was more than willing to have his own, but with the threat of Sloane in this world he could not be less than one hundred percent.

He tapped, then tapped louder. They didn't move, again he tapped, banged and then let out a roar. Surely this would awaken them. All it did was cause Davis to fling her off his chest sending her dangerously close to tumbling off the bed.

I suppose if I cannot wake them no one can. It was now two in the morning, if he were to leave for the realm he could easily return by the nightfall, if he had a bit of luck and something to bribe the gatekeeper with. The ornery old enormous crab, Julian. Enlisted centuries ago by the former Queen.

"What could sway that old prick to let me in through the eye." He said to himself. If he could do this he could leave them safely behind.

He swept the skyline and headed down to the cemetery. Past the crying stones, into the well hidden tombs that lay beneath, lit with oil lamps scattered along the walls. He followed them to the end. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his pocket watch, removing the plate front, and pressed it into the stone.

The thick stone door rumbled and opened, he stepped inside to see the gatekeeper waiting his sword raised, spitting reflections of light at the vampire waiting to be called ahead.

"Lucas, come forward. Are you alone?" His deep voice growled.

"I am Julian, it is good to see you again old friend." He tried to suggest he considered him a friend. Though he didn't.

Julian was as monstrous as they came. The size of an ox, hands like claws. An ugly creature of the realm, from the Valley of Nagshead. Where nothing looked pleasant, or smelled pleasant.

"Huh, you want to use the eye don't you?"

"As a matter of fact, if it is possible, yes please."

"I may allow this." He said. "But."

There was always, a but. He was going to make him pay somehow.

"But what? What is it I can offer you, or sell you or trade you or owe you?" Asked Lucas.

"I would like a meatball grinder." He said.

"A what? Food? Did I hear this correct?"

"And a bottle of ale, not more than one."

Lucas was not sure if he was joking or truly just wanted what he asked for. He didn't waste time and agreed.

"Done." He replied.

"Excellent." Said Julian.

I don't get this. Lucas thought.This was way too easy, but never the less he was able to use the eye and step directly into the castle of the queen. Where Catarina would be.

"I changed my mind." Julian said.

Lucas was close to rolling his eyes when he spoke again.

"Make that two, I will take two of each."

"I am more than happy to take care of this as soon as I return." Said an anxious Lucas.

Julian took his sword and struck the wall the his right, it shook. He asked, "To the Queen?" Lucas nodded. He struck it again and it shook, before he struck the third blow, he motioned Lucas to move forward. As soon as the eye opened, he would be sucked in. If he wasn't ready, he could be torn in two. He moved forward as the sword came down a third time, Lucas was sucked up into the stones.