Cry me a river

Banjamin and Andie traveled through the valley of Wellspring. He cautiously planned his trip, knowing Sloane had several scouts at lookouts across the land. Also well aware the Queen, could at any minute, use her powers and search for him and the girl. if she suspected she was here.

''Are you tired love? He asked.

''Yes, it has been a long day and it is hot in the sun." She was wearing her long sweatshirt over a tee. Afraid of the way it may be revealing to Benjamin, terrified he would make some advances on her.

''We will stop soon, there is a village up ahead. I have horses there, much easier for us to travel.''

''I don't know how to ride a horse.''

''No need to worry about that Andie you will ride with me.''

Oh that's just great. I have to snuggle against him bouncing up and down. What if he gets excited? Is that possible? Of course it is possible, these vampires are overly sexual. But at least he wasn't dosed with love potion. She thought to herself.

Up ahead they could see the distant outline of the small farming village. It looked like something out of a fantasy movie. Huts built from stones, wooden fences and flowers lining them. What she thought might be cattle, grazing up on the hills. Sounds of barking, and children paying. It all looked so peaceful, but she knew it was not where they were going to stay. There would be no peace.

''The inhabitants of this place will be curious about you, stay close to me.'' He warned her.

''Inhabitants? Are they humans? Vampires? Or something else.'' She asked, suddenly afraid to know.

''None of those, these are mixed breeds, here we call that Maybreeds. These are a cross between Reptile and Flox. But of course you don't know what Flox are now do you?'' He said to her.

''Flox? No. I am afraid I do not.''

''Flox are similar to reptiles, though they do not walk on four legs, they stand upright. have scaled skin and large heads. He looked to see her face as she started to panic. ''Vegetarian, mostly, they eat vegetation and fish, some insects, not humans, do not panic. I am here Andie, no one will harm you as long as they know you belong to me."

I belong to him. This is horrible, where is Lucas, Davis, Cat, someone get me out of here. She screamed inside her head.

She heard the sound of horses, saw a large white one circling, seemed to be dancing at the sight of Benjamin.

''That is my horse, she is fantastic don't you think? She is a pure Vandeli from the lands of the Fae, she cost me a fortune. Well worth the price." He boasted, pride as he watched her bowing her head, racing fast along the fence wanting to greet him.

Andie quickly agreed, but she didnt care, she was scouring the dwellings, waiting to spot one of the creatures he had told her about. The doorways looked tall, like these beings may be over 8 feet. She began to panic even more and walked as closely to Benjamin as she could without touching him.

A rather large child ran out into the path, chasing a ball, running right into Andie knocking her over. She fell backwards into the dirt and looked up at the girl. She was quite cute, harmless looking, even adorable. She wore a torn pair of pants that stopped at her green knees. No shoes, enourmous feet, blackened nails. She had scaled skin, wide dark eyes that shifted up to Benjamin and then back down to Andie.

''I am sorry ladygirl. The horns were getting close to me, and I made it dash away. Must the queen be so rude and not allow me these dolly's. Ladygirl does swing to the south, on we go. She scampered away.

Benjamin smiled reaching his hand down to lift Andie from the dirt. ''I suppose you are confused as to what the girl just said, aren't you?''

''Yes, and no, I mean, I don't even know what I am saying anymore. I think. Do I? She stood up, dusted herself off and waited for Benjamin to explain.

''It will be a while before the words of the new species you meet, make sense, maybe a day, maybe an hour, maybe a year. It is different for all that come here. Some catch on right away. You will see as we move along, some will be clear others nonsense. And if you speak to them be very careful they will hear the same thing until you can hear them correctly."

Why, what did I do to deserve this shit! Catarina help me. She begged in her mind. She was feeling desperate about her situation, shaking her head in disbelief that she was there, like this with Benjamin. A potential maniac as her only friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catarina sat in her throne, listening to the words of her subjects as they came before the court with the daily dilemmas. In her head though she kept hearing someone asking for help. She sensed there was more to this than her lively imagination, perhaps all the guidance she had to deliver daily had somehow managed to insert a recording into her thoughts. She tried to let it go as she listened to the woman before her go on and on about Ruohe swine invading her gardens.

''Take care of her needs." She said to the officials she had appointed.

''I am going to retire early today, there is another matter of great importance I must address.'' She stood and walked out into the side hall. From there she made her way to the side gardens, to sit and listen again for the tiny voice she had in her head. Closing her eyes taking in the smell of the flowers and grass she waited to hear it again.

''Catarina! Help me!'' She heard the cries and this time knew it was her Andie. But from where? From the other realm it was not possible to hear such things. She was here? But how? Lucas had not come forward to tell her, was he here? Did he take her? Did Sloane? How did she cross over?

Concerned and afraid Andie somehow found her way here, in the hands of Sloane or another vampire. A chill went up her back, into her head and settled in her heart. Dear Andie, don't be afraid. I hear you. I will search all of Heidorn, if you are here I will find you!. She whispered to herself.

She stared at the sunny sky, pulled forth all her magic and her eyes filled with tears, as they did tiny raindrops began to fall, filling the sky, landing on everything between the sky and the ground, covering the kingdom. But these were not ordinary raindrops. These were the searching eyes of the Queen herself.

****Please dont forget to vote and comment!!****