Chapter 6: Truth be Told

Mark's P.O.V

"Oh we summoned you for a very specific reason Wilford!"

I hear (y/n) raise her tone at Wilford. And to be honest I'm kind of shocked. Not at her raising her voice, but at Wilford. I didn't even know I had another ego inside of me other than Dark. It's very alarming but also kind of cool at the same time.

"Oh! And what would that be Ms..." Wilford says to (Y/n) as he waits for her to answer.

"Ms. (L/n)," (Y/n) responds to him. "But you can just call me (Y/n)."

"Ah! Ms. (L/s)! It's a pleasure to meet you!" Wilford says to her. "So... Why did you summon me? Hmm?"

"Cut the crap Wilford!" (Y/n) shouts at him. "We know that you were trying to take over Mark's body!"

"Perhaps I was and perhaps I wasn't," Wilford said. "To be honest all I was trying to do was break free! And thank you for helping me too!"

"But you were controlling Mark," (Y/n) says to him. "And-"

Suddenly Wilford let's out a chuckle at (Y/n)'s response.

"You thought I was trying to take over him forever?" Wilford asks (Y/n) with a smile. "No. Really all ​​​​​was doing was trying to break free. Just like I just told you. It's just that newbie like me, who's been trapped in the deepest part of Mark's mind for so long, has no idea how to get that on the swing of things."

"But you wanted to erase Mark's mind-"

"And who says I can't have a little bit of fun once in a while?" Wilford says to her. "I mean I didn't really want Mark to find out about me that soon. Otherwise I would never get to have any of my fun. Just like how you took away Dark's fun of being a criminal mastermind."

"He was too strong!" I say to him. "And you know that."

"True," Wilford says to me. "I mean technically his powers were the ones who kept me in that prison. But I want some fun too you know!? Cause otherwise I'm just going to be imprisoned in another dang prison! After just breaking free of my old one!!!"

Me and (Y/n) stood in shock at Wilford's outbursts of anger. But suddenly he just bursted laughing again.

"Now that's fun!" Wilford says to us. "If you could only see your faces. Then you will be laughing too!"

"Is this really it?" I say to him.

"About what Markimoo?" Wilford asks me.

"Is this really all you were planning? To break free?" I ask him.

"Why of course!" Wilford exclaims. "I mean sinister type of ordeals aren't really my thing~"

(Y/n) then turns to me and whispers something to me in my ear.

"Is this for real?"

"I think he's telling the truth (Y/n)," I whisper to her back. "After all it is Wilford. He's not the kind of guy who would lie. It might sound like it but he doesn't."

"Maybe so... But I still don't trust him," (Y/n) replies to me back.

"Don't worry me neither," I reply. "We'll just have to see what happens I guess."

Me and (Y/n) stood whispering to each other as we turn back to Wilford who was still floating in midair.

"So Wilford... I guess you're free to go," I say to him.

"Go where? Back in your head?" Wilford asks me. "I don't think so."

"Why not?" (Y/n) asks him.

"I'm not going back till Dark goes with me too," Wilford says.