Chapter 34: I'll be home for Christmas

December 24th

Your P.O.V

You all made it back home in time for the holidays.

It was what you would call it, a last minute Christmas miracle. Of course though, sadness still roamed the room without Madi's presence there.

But furthermore you all wanted to remember the best of who she was and what she stood for. And you were all still able to enjoy Christmas Eve even though she might only be there in spirit.

And with all the crazy stuff that has happened to all of you. You believed that it was possible.

"Alright so who's making the roast beef? And who's making the cookies?" Mark asked as he was preparing some drinks for the rest of you.

"I'm making the roast beef with Tyler and (Y/n) is preparing cookies with Wendy," Rose said to him.

"Please make sure there are no peanuts for me," Ethan called out as he set up the table and everything else. "I don't want to possibly die on Christmas Day like Mr. Scrooge."

"Pretty sure you wouldn't make it to Christmas Day if you ate something with a peanut around this time Ethan," Tyler called back chuckling a bit.

"Yeah well!... You're right!" Ethan called out as the rest of you laughed along with him.

Soon Chica also bounced into the room as Mark fed her some well deserved Christmas treats for being such a good girl.

"Kathryn is coming over right?" Wendy asked. "She should since she took care of Chica while we were all gone."

"Well I did invite her," Mark said as he was about to finish preparing the drinks. "But I forgot if she said she will be here, or she would be here if it wasn't for her wanting to be with her family."

"I'm betting on the second option really," Rose replied. "Who wouldn't want to be with their family?"

"Well I'm going to go to Boston sometime tomorrow to visit my family that's for sure," Ethan said. "I was just really unlucky I couldn't go sooner because they sold out of ticket before Christmas."

"But still very lucky to get a ticket on Christmas Day," You replied back to him with a smile.

"True, true, I suppose we should see the positive side of things," Ethan responds back with a soft chuckle as he finishes his part of the job.

"Okay well the roast beef is almost done as well as the break and salad," Tyler calls out to everyone to make sure you could all hear him. "What about the cookies?"

"The cookies are right about... Done!" Wendy announces as she added the last bit of frosting to your Christmas cookies. "And I made some special cookies just for Ethan!"

"Completely untouched by all the other peanut filled cookies," You responded right after with pride.

"Thank you for not murdering me around the holidays," Ethan smiles at you and Wendy.

"You're welcome!" You and Wendy both say at the same time causing you both to laugh.

"Quick! Jinx her!" Rose exclaims to you both.

"Jinx!" You both exclaim at each other. "Jinx! Jinx again! Jinx! Jinx! Jinx!!!"

"Jinx! You owe me a kiss on the lips!" Mark interrupts you two as he kisses you softly before he pulls away causing you to blush.

"Aww, that was really cute. But please save that for under the mistletoe," Rose says right after chuckling to herself.

"Well I think my lovely kisses should be enjoyed all the time," Mark winks towards you as you playfully push his shoulder.