Chapter 22: What will come?

Mark's P.O.V

"Mark we've been running for ages."

Ethan whines once more as we keep running forwards nonstop. I look at him and roll my eyes.

"We're almost there Ethan," I say to him. "We can't stop now. We're so close to getting there."

"Mark, it's raining and I'm starving," Ethan replies to me. "And I'm pretty damn sure that we left Rose and Tyler way behind. Way way behind."

I glare at Ethan once more as trigger a nervous sweat coming from him.

"Are you willing to kill?" I said to him.

Ethan looks down in shame as I asked him that question.

"N-No... I'm not..." Ethan replies to me.

"Well then you are in no position to eat right now," I said to him.

"Doesn't mean we have to kill! We can stop somewhere to eat nearby! I have money!" Ethan pleads.

"Ethan, we're in the middle of nowhere," I replied to him. "There's nothing around for miles."

"Yes! There is!" Ethan growls. "If I don't get any food in the next few minutes I'm, I'm-"

"You'll what?" I cut him off.

"... I'm sure I'm going to kill Madi out of hunger..." Ethan says slowly.

I abruptly stop running and so does he. He looks at me with nervousness and worry. No I can see why he was begging so much. It wasn't just because he was really hungry. It was also because he was afraid his wolf was going to take over him once he smelled Madi's blood...

And he has the right to be damned scared about that...

I ignore the thoughts inside my head and look at him with a bit of sorrow.

"Alright, Alright," I said to him. "I'll go get you some food... But you won't like what you see at first sight."

Ethan looks at me questionably. But before he actually gets the chance to question me, I rush into the nearest place where there was source of food. Then I quickly come back with something big enough to fill him.

"A-A turkey?" Ethan asks me. "M-Mark! Did you just kill a live turkey!?"

"Yes I did," I said to him. "And like I said, there's not restaurants or in food places for miles. This was the closest thing I could find."

"B-But you have blood all over your hands," Ethan protests.

"How else do you expect me to kill it?" I said to him. "Now are you going to eat it or am I going to have to?"

"I am not going to eat no turkey like that!" Ethan says as he turns his head away.

"Suit yourself..." I say as I make it seem like I'm about to eat the deceased bird. But then at the last moment as Ethan turns his head back. I wipe a bit of the blood of the turkey and immediately wipe it onto Ethan's mouth.

"Mark what the fuck!" Ethan yells. "That's disgusting-"

As Ethan tried to wipe the blood off his mouth, I saw that some of it accidentally entered. And soon Ethan stopped wiping and began licking his mouth.

"Why... does it taste... so good?..." Ethan says slowly as I see his eyes start to turn blue.

I hand him the turkey once more. And this time without hesitation Ethan grabs onto it and starts ripping it apart, gobbling as much of the turkey as possible. He was a very messy eater too. Blood was literally everywhere, almost made me gag. But then I thought that I was probably worse when I first started out.