Chapter 18: On the Road

Ethan's P.O.V

We decided to go our separate ways.

I was with Mark because of... Safety reasons. And Tyler stuck with Rose. We thought this was the best way to to because that way Anti wouldn't expect it. He would expect all of us to stay in the same group. Not to seperate at all.

We know where to go because of Mark's eolas. And we all know where to meet. We're going to head in with the element of surprise. Me and Mark will attack first, while Tyler and Rose will go save the girls.

I think it's a really good plan. But of course I can't help to feel that something bad might also happen.

Me and Mark are now walking on the long road after a really long run. I'm pretty sure Tyler and Rose are still on car right now. We don't want to completely seperate apart because then the plan won't work when the time comes.

"You seem really quiet Ethan," Mark says as he breaks the silence. "Anything going on in your mind right now?"

"Goo," I burst out.

"Huh???" Mark says trying to hold back laughter.

"Ha! Got ya!" I say smiling. "Nah I was kidding, I'm actually thinking a bit about the future."

"The future huh?" Mark replies. "You mean with you and Madi?"

"Yeah, and also on what we're going to do when we get there," I say to him.

"Oh, so you're a bit nervous," Mark responds.

"I'm actually a lot nervous, maybe even terrified," I say to him. "The possibility of the girls being in danger, and also the possibility of me never being human again. Those things to me are worse than death... No offense Mark."

Mark then grows quiet.

"It's ok Ethan, you were caught up in this mess," Mark says to me. "And don't worry, we'll rescue the girls and find you an antidote."

"Thanks Mark," I say as we keep walking. "Mark... Are you afraid that Anti will kill (Y/n)?"

"She's a strong person, I know she can handle herself..." Mark starts to say. "But yeah, I'm absolutely terrified... I already lost her once. And I'm not going to let that happen again."

"Oh yeah... I forgot about that whole thing with Zach..." I say as I get quiet at the end.

"It's fine," Mark replies. "At least the fucker is dead."

"Y-Yeah he is..." I say feeling a bit guilty.

"Are you hiding something Ethan?" Mark asks me suspiciously.

"N-No! Not at all!" I say nervously.

"Ok," Mark says. "Tell me now before-"

"Ok fine! I don't even need to know what you're going to say cause I know it's going to be bad!" I say to Mark as he gives me a smirk.

"Well, I'm waiting," Mark says to me.

"Ok..." I say bracing myself for the worst. "So you know Zach right? And how he kidnapped Madi first than (Y/n)?"

"Cut to the chase Ethan," Mark says to me.

"Ok well... Has she ever told you that Zach had a crush on her before?" I say to him.

"No... But that's actually creepy," He says to me.

"Couldn't agree more!" I say to him. "But you know what's extra creepy?"

"There's nothing more creepier than Tyler tracking me down," Mark says to me.

"Well that's good," I say to him. "Cause the news that I was holding back from you is that now Zach is basically haunting Madi-"