Chapter 7: I need a pick me up

December 9th

Your P.O.V

Today's the day!

Wendy and Jack are coming over to L.A!!! And not to mention that secret guest that Wendy told you that she'd bring.

Wendy called you this morning saying that she'll be arriving at L.A about 11:00 a.m. And it is currently 10:30 a.m. So you were hurrying Mark to get ready.

"Come on Mark we're going to be late!" You say to him.

"You're really exited aren't you?" Mark asks you.

"Of course!" You replied to him. "Aren't you exited to see Sean again?"

"You bet I am!" Mark replies. "And guess what I got him."

"What?" You said to him. 

"Coffee and Cookies," Mark says to you as he showed you the Coffee and the Chocolate chip cookies that you both baked yesterday.

"Is that why you wanted to make cookies yesterday?" You ask him.

"Yes," he says to you.

"I knew it," You replied. "But it's okay because Wendy likes cookies too. Especially chocolate chip. So that's why there was no suspicion in my mind yesterday when you suggested to bake cookies."

"You weren't even a little suspicious?" Mark asked you.

"Okay... Maybe a little," You replied to him with a smile.

"I knew it," Mark says to you. "Now come on! We need to hurry up! Sean is going to arrive at 10:45 a.m!"

"What!?" You replied shocked. "Then what are we waiting for! Let's go!"

You both rushed outside with your things. You even bought Wendy a raccoon shirt. Cause that was her favorite animal. Plus the moment you saw it you knew it was the one. The background was red with a cute raccoon in the middle of a wreath with a Santa hat. It is December after all so why not? You knew she would love it. But you kind of felt had for not getting the secret guest anything other than cookies. If only Wendy told you who it was. It would have made matters a whole lot easier for you.

"Should we run or take the car!?" Mark said to you frantically.

"Car duh!" You said to him. "We can't tell Sean and Wendy we "walked" all the way to the airport! Because you know..."

"Oh right!" Mark replied. "Then get in!"

"On it!" You said as you hurried into the car.

As Mark got in he turned on the car and drove out of the drive way. You guys only had twelve minutes till Sean arrived and to get to the airport it usually takes fifteen minutes... Without traffic that is.

"We won't be able to arrive in time!" You said to Mark.

"Oh yes we will!" Mark said. "We just need to take careful and speedy shortcuts!"

Suddenly Mark did exactly what he said and speed up. Though he did it in a way that there was no way for the police to find him speeding. Which was weird but cool at the same time.

After a few minutes you were both at the airport. You checked the time and realized there was only about 30 seconds left till Sean arrived.

"Let's go!" Mark says as you both quickly get out of the car and run towards the airport. And by run I mean normal human running.

You both then stopped at waiting room where Sean should appear at any moment now.

"Do you think we made it?" You asked Mark.