Chapter 20: More than friends

Tyler's P.O.V

"I need to get out of this car."

I say out loud as Rose looks at me and nods.

"I agree completely. This is boring me a lot," Rose says to me. "How much longer till we arrive?"

"At this pace... Probably about a day or two."

"Ugh," Rose says annoyed. "And are we going to have to drive all night?"

"We might just have to," I say to her. "In order to arrive sooner."

"We should at least take a break." Rose says to me. "I don't know about you but I'm starving."

I listen to the inside of my stomach and sigh. I can't disagree, but I'm really hungry as well.

But we're already behind Mark and Ethan a bit... But then again it wouldn't hurt right? I mean they can sustain without food longer than I can. And probably Rose too. Plus I'm the driver and I need some food.

"I could really use something right now," Rose says as she looks out the rainy window. "Anything really."

I look up ahead and see a burger shack. So I decide to just turn over there for a stop.

"Wait we're actually going to stop here?" Rose asks me a little shocked.

"Well yeah why not?" I ask her as I park the car. "Didn't you say you were hungry?"

"Well yeah but... What would Mark think?" Rose asks me.

"To be honest he would be furious right now," I say ti her. "But I need to get out of this car and at least eat something. He needs to understand that I'm not like him. I'm not as energetic to stay up all night all fine and dandy without eating a single thing. And you know what else, I need to put more gas in this car. So either way I would've had to stop anyway."

"Makes sense..." Rose says. "Well then are we going to head in?"

"Yes," I reply to her as I get out of the car and so does she.

The rain was still pouring and Rose immediately ran for cover. I on the other hand just retrieved my jacket and put it on as I calmly walked towards the shack.

It was night time right now and if the time is right. It was about 8:30 pm. And it was really dark out, making any light seem super bright.

I open the door for Rose politely as she heads inside. As I follow I see that the shack was pretty filled up. Not like crowd but there were certainly very few seats available. Actually there were no seats or tables available except for at the bar. So of course I decided that was the best option.

"You're going to drink at this late of hour?" Rose says to me.

"What? No," I said to her. "We're going to sit at the bar because there are no extra seats available except for over there. Plus I'm not the one to drink often, I think it's rather stupid."

"Didn't you drink a bit at Vegas though?" Rose asks me.

"That's Vegas," I say to her. "This is not. Big difference. Plus, I didn't drink that much. Just a couple of sips before we had to head out."

"Head out?" She asks.

"You know what I mean," I say to her as she nods.

We then head over to the bar and sit down. I look at her and see that she wasn't really wearing any warm clothing.

"Are you cold?" I ask her.

"Huh? Oh no not at all," She says to me as she leans into me to whisper. "I'm part fox remember? My body is always warm."