Chapter 19: Thoughts

Madi's P.O.V

Can I just say that being here just terrifies me.

The fact that I'm in the darkness with no one to talk to or to sympathize me. Well... No one except for Zach.

And still, after all this time he still has feelings for me? I have long gone forgot about him now. Sure I had a crush on him probably at one time but it was like a "I just got caught up in the moment" sort of thing. I mean what do you expect to do after your kidnapper kisses you and actually starts to act nice and kind? Maybe if I did something more he wouldn't have died...

Wait what am I thinking? I'm glad he's dead. He hurt my best friend and almost killed her boyfriend. So really I have no sympathy for him...

But it sure beats being alone in the darkness, at least he can freaking glow a little as a ghost.

"Zach?" I say out loud. "Are you still there?"

I don't hear anything except the drops of water hitting the stone cold floor from the ceiling.

"Zach?" I ask once again.

Finally a figure emerges from the darkness as they smirk at me.

"You missed me?" Zach says to me.

"I just needed someone to talk to," I said to him simply.

"Ah I see," Zach says to me. "You were afraid of being alone in the dark."

"No I wasn't," I told him.

"Madi, you're an excellent liar," He replied to me.

"Ok ok yes I was afraid," I said to him. "But can you blame me? This place is creepy. Creepier than the place you trapped (Y/n) in."

"Wow harsh," He said to me. "I was trying to make that place as creepy as possible."

"Well you failed cause Anti takes the cake in creepy decor," I said to him.

"Yeah I guess you're right," He replies to me. "Though honestly he's just a creepy person in general. A bit flirty but creepy."

"So like you?" I respond to him.

"Me? Creepy maybe but flirty at the same time?" Zach says. "I highly doubt it."

"You doubt it?" I said to him. "You literally tried to flirt with me last time when you kidnapped me."

I see Zach then scratch his head in embarrassment.

"Yeah but..." Zach starts to say.

"No buts," I interrupt him. "I caught you red handed."

"Red handed?" He asked. "But I no longer have blood on my hands."

I then see him smile and see that he was joking.

"Oh my gosh Zach your jokes are horrible," I said to him.

"Come on cut me some slack," He says to me. "Plus, I see that you're smiling."

I see that he was right. I was actually smiling.

"Yeah well whatever," I said to him as I quickly hide the smile.

"Wow, you're adorable when you do that," Zach says as he chuckles at me.

I look at him as he also looks at me straight into my eyes. I still had a question pondering in my mind. So I decided to just ask him since I have nothing else to do anyway.

"Zach can I ask you a question," I say to him.

"You can ask me anything Madi," He says to me.

"How come you still like me?" I asked him. "You know I have a boyfriend now so why don't you just move on?"