1.3: "Assassins 101"

"QUITE THE BUZZ AROUND HERE, FINDING YOU IN ICE

"QUITE THE BUZZ AROUND HERE, FINDING YOU IN ICE."

"I thought the super fan was going to swoon," Natasha said, walking behind Steve and her.

"Ah. It was a disaster," Olivia replied. Super fan might be an understatement. While Olivia was in-charge of babysitting Steve while he was still in a coma, Phil would sometimes watch.

"Pretty sure he was on the verge of fainting. Didn't even get to ask about the trading cards yet." An equally mischievous smile appeared on Natasha's lips.

"Trading cards?" Steve asked.

"Yup, Phil used to trade his lunch boxes for them."

The trio walked across the Helicarrier landing pad for Bruce Banner—who looked as nervous as one could without fainting. Olivia waved her arms over enthusiastically. Upon seeing her, Bruce's posture relaxed.

Olivia slowed her steps when her phone buzzed, motioning for Steve and Natasha to join Bruce first.

"Go for Tyson."

"Olivia, need you to round the boys back in. We're going live." Fury instructed. "Stark's here as well. He's asking me about Starbucks and threatened to close down the one beside HQ?"

She choked.

"They want me in a submerged pressurized metal container?" Bruce apprehensively walked towards the edge of the helicarrier.

"God, no! Nothing that horrifying." Olivia scoffed, trying to relieve his anxiety. "Let's get inside, it's going to get hard to breathe here in a sec."

Bruce eyed her warily, "Why..." Then the heli carrier's fans spun louder and louder. Bruce smiled grimly at the realisation, "This isn't horrifying, Olivia. This is terrifying."

"Terrifying means less scary, right?"

"I think the general consensus will disagree." Bruce weakly pointed to their surroundings, just as the helicarrier started to hover over the ocean.

Once safely inside the helicarrier, Bruce forgot about his fears and followed Steve around to marvel at the gigantic helicarrier, mesmerised by the sheer glory of it.

"I concede defeat," Steve mumbled, still distracted with his surroundings. Olivia smugly snatched the 10 bucks in his hands and stuffed it in her bra—an action that took him by surprise, face reddened.

While the happy-go-luckies continued to wow over the spectacular technology, Natasha carried a solemn aura. "That's still not going to find them in time."

Natasha, Clint and Olivia, often referred to as the Holy Trinity, were masters at disguising their emotions. It was a specific skill set that came along with their line of work, practically embedded in the job requirement. You are only as good as your acting skills. Without it, you are nothing as an agent.