4.7: Like an Oath

"OUT OF ALL THE AVENGERS, YOU CHOSE ME?"

Ultron presence startled her. He was standing aimlessly in front of her cage, waiting.

"I'm really tired of getting kidnapped," Olivia mumbled, feeling thoroughly exhausted as she regained consciousness. Her first instinct was to reach for her comms, but it didn't surprise her when she couldn't find it.

Instead, wet liquid tainted the skin on the nape of her neck as she rubbed it, she cussed, forgetting about the sticky red residue from her now healed ribcage. The stiffness in her neck made her extremely on edge.

There were only so many drugs that can weaken her. Her heart stilled, Ultron decrypted the Hydra files, shit.

"I wasn't sure you'd wake up. I hoped you would, I wanted to show you something. I don't have anyone else."

She stretched her numb legs as much as she could, the small cage Ultron locked her heavily restricted her movement. "That almost sound sad. But I know you're incapable of emotions."

"Emotions are humanity's downfall."

"Not trying to be offensive but, you'd pass a vibe check with 'em psychopaths."

"Always a witty comeback, just like Stark. But I am right, you were far valuable when you were emotionless. Harbinger."

"I don't do that anymore." She snarled.

"You commanded fear and respect. Now you're just another puppet for The Avengers." His words raged with distaste.

She released a mocking laugh, shaking her head. "So I'm a sellout, is what you're saying? Huh."

"Look around, Ultron. You've surrounded yourself with all these bots under your control. I've met plenty of cowards like you, too arrogant to admit that you crave power, so you hide behind a cause." Her mind briefly drifted towards Alexander Pierce.

Ultron stopped pacing and slammed his metal fist against the cage, inches away from her face. "No! I will make us start all over again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild. I was meant to be new. I was meant to be beautiful. The world would've looked to the sky and seen hope, seen mercy."

"That's called a religion, we already have the man upstairs. Face it, you simply have psychopathic tendencies." She spat, but Ultron remained unthreatened.

"Olivia, you lived a life full of horrors...But you've escaped." He paused, and if she could discern it, she would say the rawness in his words shocked her. But it quickly disappeared, "Now you think you're free and you have control. You humans are hilariously pathetic. And ironic."

"Maybe so, but we are also evolving. You used the Maximoffs' hatred to spark a war. One that you think you will win..." Olivia used her remaining energy to send a heated blast in Ultron's direction. The sheer power blasted Ultron a few feet away before he recovered.