3.3: The Day I Tried to Live

"I'M STARTING TO THINK YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT A VACATION MEANS!"

Olivia screamed an apology, sending a fatal beam of cosmic energy through an enemy's heart. The two were currently vacationing in Santorini, well, it was a vacation until someone crashed their party. "I swear when I picked Santorini, I didn't know there would be a bioterrorist here!"

"Bioterrorists, I killed three!" Carter struggled for air as he fought with another incoming hostile –this time a muscular man almost twice his size. Carter sent a powerful punch to the man's jaw, making the enemy double over in pain, down for the count. Hastily wiping the sweat off his forehead, he glanced at Olivia run past him without so much as an assist. "You are not leaving me alone with these guys!"

"I'm chasing this doofus running down the stairs! What'd you think – that I was gonna grab more martinis?"

"I could really use one right now!"

In Oia Village, Olivia ran down flights of stairs to chase after the last guy trying to escape. He was only a few steps ahead of her. Olivia swerved and yelled apologies to random civilians while passing by. A few stakes of ice flew from behind, taking her by surprise, one had almost stabbed her in the arm if not for her quick reflexes.

Seriously a life hazard if you asked her.

"Shit! We're gonna miss the sunset again!" She heard Carter's heavy steps behind her.

A mini iceberg-sized spear spontaneously flew over her shoulder, in an attempt to dodge it, she impulsively sidestepped to shun it. Stupidly, she tripped over her own leg, sending her tumbling down the stairs, rolling uncontrollably down the hundreds of steps. Every thud down a step was tormenting –the sharp edges cutting around her flesh skin.

Another day as a superhero.

Behind her, Carter wheezed, shouting after her rolling body with a very insincere apology about his mistake.

"Screw you! He's headed for the port!"

"I'll see ya at the port, darling!" Carter rushed, gratification intact in his voice.

Of course, he would let her roll down three hundred steps for sport. "Thanks for your help, asshole!"

In her painful journey down the steps, she had gracefully swept a few people off their feet –dumb, she thought. If the people on the steps couldn't see her tumbling body, they could definitely hear the brunette stranger's screams and shrieks. Everything was swirled and dizzy around her.

"Out of the way, miss!" Olivia yelled irritatedly at the figure dressed in black just ahead of her. She landed with a loud gasp, taking a hard hit to her head before falling face flat on said sand.

Grumbling, she laid there for a few more seconds, contemplating why she chose the spy life. Eventually, she pushed herself up, carefully dusting the grains of sand irritating her open wounds. All this while, the mysterious woman wordlessly stood there watching with her arms crossed. Olivia frowned at her kindness, "Are you just gonna watch?"