4.6: Until I Confess

"WHAT IS THIS PLACE?"

"A safehouse?"

"Let's hope."

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air."

"Stark Relief Foundation?"

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

"Everyone's...we took a hit. We'll shake it off."

Her jaw tensed. Everything was a blur. It never gets easier experiencing a vision– Is that what it is, a vision? She sighed, not an ounce of peace in her head.

Clint's farmhouse came into view as she followed her teammates' trudging footsteps. She immediately felt a little more comfort. In the kitchen, she smiled as a heavily pregnant Laura greeted Clint with a kiss, remainders of a sad smile present on her face when she looked at Olivia.

For a split second, she grinned at how uneasy the rest looked. None of the other Avengers fit in here. It was a life that suited none of them. It was entertaining to watch the life drained out of her friends' faces, or the burning gazes from Tony and Steve. The accusation in their eyes, reprimanding that she kept a secret this big. She rolled her eyes, comparing the two to a married couple.

"Ooh. Incoming!" Hearing the running footsteps, Olivia quickly wiped the dried blood residue on her battle suit.

The kids came running down the stairs, and on instinct, she smiled. It wasn't long before Lila ran to hug Natasha. Olivia shuffled over and ruffled both their hair, silently hoping their joy and innocence would rub off on her just a little.

"These are... smaller agents."

"Sorry for barging in on you," Steve spoke.

Still in disbelief, Tony crossed his arms defensively, "Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed."

"Yeah, well. Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low."

A faint smile rested on her lips. Heartened that Clint trusted the others enough to share this farmhouse of a secret.

"Don't think I didn't notice what you did. God of Thunder, destroyer of children's dreams." She singsonged and patted Thor's back, her legs scooping underneath the couch to reveal the destroyed LEGO buildings that Thor tried to hide. He gulped at the possibility of crying children.

Upon hugging Olivia, Laura exhaled loudly. Judging from Laura's grimace, Natasha and Olivia knew. "Sorry ladies, she's Nathanial... or Oliver. We can't decide."

Natasha bends towards Laura's pregnant stomach and uttered at the little traitor while Olivia offered a solution – "Easy. Oliver Nathanial Barton."