INTERLUDE: WINNING STREAKS

STANDING BEHIND THE LEDGE OF AN ABANDONED CHURCH, IRONICALLY. The brunette hummed a familiar tune, trying to ease her boredom after a three-hour long stakeout, with no results yet.

An hour later, her prayers were answered by the Almighty Odin himself –a black Sedan pulled up to the backdoor from a meat locker across the street, just as she expected.

Only about five hours late, but at least he was here.

The target got out of the car, surrounded by his entourage of security guards, she counted four. Her fingers itched around the trigger, the thought of ending it here excited her sick mind.

She kept the target in the dead centre of her crosshair, following as he disappeared into the entrance meat locker and kept his men stationed out front.

She set her sniper rifle to lean against the concrete ledge and exited her make-shift sniper nest. The woman took big hurrying steps, swinging over the side of a wall and quietly slid down a metal pole. She landed with a small thud as the grass beneath muffled her landing.

The abandoned church was four stories high and with the interior stairs damaged, nobody would be able to find her nest. Although the worn-down and shady exterior of the building might already deter any sane person from entering the once-church.

There was nothing in between her current location and the meat locker, so she couldn't utilise the trusty element of surprise. Instead, she settled on something simpler.

The foolishness of desperate men.

She thoughtlessly tore through and away several pieces of her top, while occasionally eyeballing the group of four –whistling away, their postures slacked.

She almost sighed at how easy it would be.

Using her knife, she carelessly sliced across her arm, the pain not bothering her. She dabbed the crimson liquid on the remnant of her clothing. Now she looked like she was attacked.

"Help! Help! Can somebody help me!" She yelled, dragging her feet across the street into the arms of waiting men, weapons lowered.

She pointed at the once-church, "Help me, please! I was attacked by someone in there!"

The men chattered within themselves, drawing out their guns when she stood up and stabbed them all within seconds. She dropped the last man onto the floor, head rolling lifelessly.

"Man, you cannot trust anyone these days." The woman casually said, unloading the magazines they had into her pockets.

Taking cover behind a wall, she quietly pushed open the backdoor. She had been staking out here long enough to know that the four men were all the protection here. The entrance level was posed as a meat locker and the real party was underground.

Bloody sandy footprints littered along the tiles as she tip-toed through the frozen, hung, pieces of meat. The cold interior made her breath fanned out in smokes.

Having the layout of the meat locker already memorised, she expertly turned right and crept down into a long spiral of stairs before stopping outside a heavy metal red door.

She needed access. Fingerprint access.

Now that, she did not know.

Doing what any person would do, she politely knocked on the metal door. Three loud echoes filled the empty area. Positively enough, the door swung open and revealed a brown eyed and hair man in a lab-coat.

A scientist.

"Hi." She cheerfully greeted, pushing past the man and waltzed in a room of five other scientists. The previous scientist was hot on her trail, demanding to know who she was and asked if she had access. All of them stopped immediately as the commotion rises, fully aware of the growing tension in the room. With warily eyes, they followed the unknown woman to the centre of the research lab, where she abruptly stopped.