4.2: Open Mouth, Insert Foot

"WHAT THE

"WHAT THE. YOU kids mind explaining yourselves?" Olivia rubbed her eyes to reveal Tony standing by her bedside, motioning to the duo.

Hands on his hips, a teasing smirk hung on his lips.

A loud yawn escaped. "Nothing happened Stark. Get your mind out of the gutter."

He passed a cheeky wink and looked around the room. "Oh, I know. From the lack of nakedness, clearly you guys are too cowardly." His eyes landed on Thor, "Hey, isn't that Rogers'..."

Just like that, she shoved Tony out of the room, quietly closing the door behind her.

They left Thor to sleep and headed out for breakfast, despite Olivia's wild protests.

"Tony, no! People will see me!"

"That's the point, sunshine."

She snorted, she's anything but a sunshine these days. A huff exited her pouted lips as she entered the Avengers issued vehicle. She didn't get a chance to object, Tony basically pushed her in the car.

"If you're trying to help me you must know that I went out yesterday, alone. In slippers."

"So? I see that you're also wearing that now." He threw a weird look at her.

"We live in Manhatten, you think you won't get dirty looks for wearing them? And for the record, these are Gucci, they get a free pass."

"Anyone who wears slippers should deserve them. And I know, JARVIS told me online shopping is your new thing– At least you're over that baking phase, god, food poisoning really sucked."

She rolled her eyes, "Tony, if you don't unlock this door right now, you'll wish you had food poisoning."

Olivia failed. Which was the reason why her legs bounced in anxiousness. She didn't manage to conduct her ritual (aka prep-talking herself for an hour). Paranoia and insecurity seeped deeper as they arrived at their destination.

Behind the tinted glasses of the Audi, lies in wait a breathtaking restaurant decked in grand neo-classical architecture. If she weren't so nervous, she would have time to admire its beauty. But the thought about this spontaneous field trip certainly ran a cold shiver up her body.

Tony noticed this and ruffled her hair – she faked annoyance but it warmed her heart, pumping a little courage. Olivia laughed as she watched a starstruck valet fumble over his words.

She felt self-conscious about her choice of dressing, though she wasn't sure if she was just nitpicking to distract herself from the crowd. She tried to hide her figure behind Tony's strutting one and did mental counts to regulate her breathing as the gasps and hushed whispers rushed in.

Olivia looked out the window, hoping the sunny weather would melt away that clench in the pit of her stomach. She felt Tony's hands covering hers, his smile as bright as the welcoming ray of sunshine splashed across his face. "Ignore them, their words do nothing but remind you that you are alive."